Noodle's WIP Zone

Thanks for liking that mod! It actually does have some issues that I was unaware of a couple years ago and should be fixed, mainly related to improper LODs. I'm currently working on a new version of it, but it'll take some time before I release it properly. 

Also, the reason why the mod has no NPC files is because having too many mods with their own NPC files will invariably give trouble to people with no modding experience and they'll end up overwriting the base NPCs, so I prefer that people create their own NPC files if they want to play with it.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, Noodle said:

Thanks for liking that mod! It actually does have some issues that I was unaware of a couple years ago and should be fixed, mainly related to improper LODs. I'm currently working on a new version of it, but it'll take some time before I release it properly. 

Also, the reason why the mod has no NPC files is because having too many mods with their own NPC files will invariably give trouble to people with no modding experience and they'll end up overwriting the base NPCs, so I prefer that people create their own NPC files if they want to play with it.

No problem! I've always enjoyed seeing underappreciated background characters and species brought to the forefront with mods and such. Just so, this mod in particular is very much ticking all the right boxes! I'd love to see what you come up with next.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Its been some time since my last post and even though I've been a bit inactive with my board activity that doesn't mean I haven't been doing things lately. I've been doing a lot of modelling and texturing recently but I haven't posted it around here because I don't want to give people false expectations about my future stuff. Some of the things I've done recently include helping Zander_Nao with a bunch of his cool ideas (like rigging the awesome Shadows of the Empire trooper model) and trying to contribute to JKGalaxies, which is my favorite mod by far. 

I was a bit bummed that I couldn't finish a Nightsister related mod for last halloween so I hope this year I'll be able to upload at least 2 nightsister related things. Maybe an update to one of my already posted mods, who knows! 

All that aside, here are some of the coolest things I've done in the recent months that I've neglected to share here:

JKGalaxies has a bunch of unfinished assets that are quite well done, so one of the things I've done is to try and finish up some of them and get them to work ingame. Here's the texture I did for the "pyro" helmet:

spacer.png

This was a headpiece for my male twi'lek model that was based on Hera's in the Ahsoka live action show. Since it wasn't finished in time for the last contest it didn't make the final cut, but here's how it was looking so far:

spacer.png

Another thing I was doing for JKGalaxies were new enemy models for a certain map I'm working on. This is one of the concepts I did for the "Desert Biker Bandit" armor set:

spacer.png

Part of the idea for this set that I had was that the player could equip different parts of the set to get a more customized look:

spacer.png

Now that I feel more confident in my skills as a modeller I started working on an idea I had for a very long time, which was to create a "Cultural Mod Pack" for both JKGalaxies and creative modders that want to use it in their projects. The idea is to pick a star wars culture and create a bunch of assets that can be used for map making or role playing. Right now I'm working on a "Tusken Culture" mod, so far I've worked on the female tusken and child tusken outfits we saw in Attack of the Clones. Here's how they look so far: 

Female Tusken:

spacer.png

Tusken Children:

spacer.png

So far this is what I've done, I hope soon I'll be able to update this thread again with cooler stuff! 

ZanderNao, Smoo, Delmi and 8 others like this
On 12/17/2016 at 8:24 PM, Noodle said:

I decided to start a new thread to show the things I've been working on. Criticism is always welcome.

Right now I'm working on many small things for my big project: An Action-RPG like mod that allows your character to explore and progress on an urban setting. Have you ever played Skyrim? In that game you can explore around the world and enter inside Bandit's Hideouts, where you can get some items, do quests and kill the Bandit Chief, this small map I've created is basically the same, a small Bandit Layer populated by a Kel'dor gang, with it's own leader. 

Also, at the begining of the video, I show a bit of my follower system and some interactive things I've personally never seen in JA maps. I've created characters that you can recruit and order to do some basic tasks. 

I might upload this map soon, so people can play test it, if there's interest. I'll also create some more videos to show some of the features I've worked on. 

I'll subscribe to your Channel if you would like that. But, yeah, your mods are good.

DarthValeria likes this