Noodle's WIP Zone

Thanks for caring Wasanohime, though it doesn't bother me to get pinged. It's my fault for having stated in the past that I was going to eventually update the animations menu and failing to do so yet. 

The thing with the animations menu is that I've added custom animations to the game that I'd love to implement on the menu, but it'd require you to replace your _humanoid.gla file with my own, which means it'd be incompatible with any other animations mod you have. That's stopped me from doing more stuff with it. The good thing about it, would be that you'd have access to a ton of new animations. 

The other reason I haven't updated this thread in a while is because I've dabbled on things I won't release her since they use ported meshes.

I'll share with you guys some pics and little descriptions. 

zDIosQj.png

This is an example of something done with ported pieces. I basically took the head of a model ported by @@Jeff and mixed it with the female human body. I re-rigged it to my liking, added proper shadows and re-colored since I'm trying to learn how to re-texture models. The animations seen above are some of the ones that could be added to the updated animation menu if I decide just to replace the base _humanoid.gla file.

FJjUxlq.png

As you can see here, I rigged the model's mouth to actually move when it speaks. 

igdC2MN.jpg

This is part of a gift to a friend, though it's not finished and it uses parts of a model created by another author, so I won't release it publicly since it could probably upset him/them. 

vGVR2TD.jpg

These are the outer walls of an imperial fortress. It's unfinished and it's my attempt to help the guys at the Warzone mod. 

cHE4iIn.jpg

This is the exterior of an imperial warehouse. Same as above. 

2xy9ECq.jpg

This is the interior of a warehouse that's going to be used on my main mod. People suggested I should add crates, which I'll do.

fBEaIhV.jpg

This is the interior of a Pirate's hideout. Also part of my main mod. 

In other words, even though I haven't posted as much as before, I'm far from inactive here. It's just that there're some things I won't be able to release here since I don't want to make anyone upset. 

Thanks for caring Wasanohime, though it doesn't bother me to get pinged. It's my fault for having stated in the past that I was going to eventually update the animations menu and failing to do so yet. 

The thing with the animations menu is that I've added custom animations to the game that I'd love to implement on the menu, but it'd require you to replace your _humanoid.gla file with my own, which means it'd be incompatible with any other animations mod you have. That's stopped me from doing more stuff with it. The good thing about it, would be that you'd have access to a ton of new animations. 

The other reason I haven't updated this thread in a while is because I've dabbled on things I won't release her since they use ported meshes.

I'll share with you guys some pics and little descriptions. 

zDIosQj.png

This is an example of something done with ported pieces. I basically took the head of a model ported by @@Jeff and mixed it with the female human body. I re-rigged it to my liking, added proper shadows and re-colored since I'm trying to learn how to re-texture models. The animations seen above are some of the ones that could be added to the updated animation menu if I decide just to replace the base _humanoid.gla file.

FJjUxlq.png

As you can see here, I rigged the model's mouth to actually move when it speaks. 

igdC2MN.jpg

This is part of a gift to a friend, though it's not finished and it uses parts of a model created by another author, so I won't release it publicly since it could probably upset him/them. 

vGVR2TD.jpg

These are the outer walls of an imperial fortress. It's unfinished and it's my attempt to help the guys at the Warzone mod. 

cHE4iIn.jpg

This is the exterior of an imperial warehouse. Same as above. 

2xy9ECq.jpg

This is the interior of a warehouse that's going to be used on my main mod. People suggested I should add crates, which I'll do.

fBEaIhV.jpg

This is the interior of a Pirate's hideout. Also part of my main mod. 

In other words, even though I haven't posted as much as before, I'm far from inactive here. It's just that there're some things I won't be able to release here since I don't want to make anyone upset. 

Those all look gorgeous.

Fantastic work.

Noodle likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm one of the few people in this universe that greatly enjoys playing with vehicles in this game. I used the ported AAC-3 tank from the abandoned Battlefront III as a way to learn more about model rigging and custom skeletons. 

IKbxQqa.jpg

rdiaQ1Y.jpg

aMow6zH.jpg

It's a pity that the textures are so low-res though. Is this kind of stuff interesting for anybody? I could finish some UI stuff and release it as for testing. 

Wasa, Maksman, Droidy365 and 4 others like this

Hi Noodle

Sorry for asking as I am mot sure how the menu part would work but (maybe that’s the reason), why not use your own separate humanoid folder (like _humanoid_noodle/_humanoid.gla)?

I'm one of the few people in this universe that greatly enjoys playing with vehicles in this game. I used the ported AAC-3 tank from the abandoned Battlefront III as a way to learn more about model rigging and custom skeletons. 

IKbxQqa.jpg

rdiaQ1Y.jpg

aMow6zH.jpg

It's a pity that the textures are so low-res though. Is this kind of stuff interesting for anybody? I could finish some UI stuff and release it as for testing. 

Ohhh! The more vehicles the merrier, that's really awesome looking even with the older textures! Vehicles are always important in movie making! Is that just a flat hoth terrain map?

Jeff likes this

Hi Noodle

Sorry for asking as I am mot sure how the menu part would work but (maybe that’s the reason), why not use your own separate humanoid folder (like _humanoid_noodle/_humanoid.gla)?

I'm not sure it'd work as intended if it was it's own .gla file.

Low rez? Let me check my assets as I think it uses two 1024x1024 textures

That'd be nice since the ones I've got are 512x512

Ohhh! The more vehicles the merrier, that's really awesome looking even with the older textures! Vehicles are always important in movie making! Is that just a flat hoth terrain map?

It's a Battle of hoth map that I haven't been able to find online yet. But it's nothing special. I love vehicles, so perhaps I'll port some more old star wars games vehicles into the game. 

The female Nautolan is dope as hell. Leesha from SWTOR, correct? :D

Indeed friend, I've never played SWTOR but I saw the model Jeff ported and loved the head mesh. I love adding diversity to the aliens we can play as in this game, so I thought it was a perfect experience to try head rigging.