Can you tell us exactly how you usually set-up the FOV?

Through the console but it gets tedious quickly, for some reason Jedi Academy doesn't recognise "seta_fov x" in the manner Outcast does- 

also I'd like to know, if anyone has the information- why in Jedi Knight Enhanced does changing FOV not affect True-View. 

@@LucyTheAlien

There is a quick and easy way to permanently set the FOV. Just create an autoexec.cfg (but I think it should be located in the base folder already).

Open it with the Editor (you know, the program that kinda looks like Wordpad, but isn't) or with the more advanced Notepad++.

Then, all you have to to is copy cg_fow 97 (or your preferred value) into the autoexec.cfg and save it. The game should load this setting automatically.

If you also want to have permanent widescreen settings (which also contains the FOV setting), just copy and paste these commands into the autoexec file:

set r_customWidth 1920
set r_customHeight 1080
set r_mode -1
set r_picmip 0
set cg_shadows 2
set r_DynamicGlow 1
set r_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic 16
set s_khz 44
cg_fow 97
snd_restart
vid_restart
LucyTheAlien and Smoo like this

@@LucyTheAlien

There is a quick and easy way to permanently set the FOV. Just create an autoexec.cfg (but I think it should be located in the base folder already).

Open it with the Editor (you know, program that kinda looks like Wordpad, but isn't) or with the more advanced Notepad++.

Then, all you have to to is copy cg_fow 97 (or your preferred value) into the autoexec.cfg and save it. The game should load this setting automatically.

If you also want to have permanent widescreen settings (which also contains the FOV setting), just copy and paste these commands into the autoexec file:

set r_customWidth 1920
set r_customHeight 1080
set r_mode -1
set r_picmip 0
set cg_shadows 2
set r_DynamicGlow 1
set s_khz 44
cg_fow 97
snd_restart
vid_restart

Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it goes. 

@@LucyTheAlien

Open it with the Editor (you know, the program that kinda looks like Wordpad, but isn't) or with the more advanced Notepad++.

set r_customWidth 1920
set r_customHeight 1080
set r_mode -1
set r_picmip 0
set cg_shadows 2
set r_DynamicGlow 1
set s_khz 44
cg_fow 97
snd_restart
vid_restart

Sorry to say but it didn't work. 

@@LucyTheAlien

Okay, but at least it was worth a try.

Maybe you should take a look at this site. http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy

Although it explains how to activate the widescreen mode, it also includes the FOV. It's similar to what I posted above.

Well- this claims otherwise.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight_%E2%80%93_Jedi_Academy

seta cg_fov 97

Works.

Don't know what to tell ya, doesn't work for me. 

This is the text inside the autoexec;

seta cg_renderToTextureFX "0"
seta r_customWidth "1920"
seta r_customHeight "1080"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_picmip "0"
seta cg_shadows "2"
seta r_DynamicGlow "1"
seta r_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic "16"
seta s_khz "44"
cg_fov "97"
snd_restart
vid_restart

It's not necessary to put it in your autoexec.

The seta command will automatically add it to your config, so just typing "seta cg_fov 97" in the console one time will make it be saved.

Realistically all of what you have in your autoexec can be done without it, and you'll get faster loading times since you aren't doing vid_restart and snd_restart every time you start up the game.

Cerez and LucyTheAlien like this

The seta command will automatically add it to your config, so just typing "seta cg_fov 97" in the console one time will make it be saved.

Realistically all of what you have in your autoexec can be done without it, and you'll get faster loading times since you aren't doing vid_restart and snd_restart every time you start up the game.

I was unaware of this, I'll let you know how it goes. 

eezstreet likes this

It worked! Thanks. (:

Cerez, Futuza and eezstreet like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you seriously fix the vertical FOV in Outcast/Academy? I've been running both games in 4:3 because I really hate having most of the weapon models cut off and having to increase the horizontal FOV to compensate.

cg_gunX/Y/Z.