Convert JKA Models to JK2.

Hello i'd like to know if there's a way to easily convert JKA Models to JK2 since the skeletons are similar.

My main reason for requesting this is obvious, i like to use those great Custom Models created by the JKA Modding community,

either in JK2 or in the "Outcast to Academy" Mod. Any help would be appreciated. 

Hello i'd like to know if there's a way to easily convert JKA Models to JK2 since the skeletons are similar.

My main reason for requesting this is obvious, i like to use those great Custom Models created by the JKA Modding community,

either in JK2 or in the "Outcast to Academy" Mod. Any help would be appreciated. 

This should help you out. ^_^

Smoo likes this

Well there is more of a benefit to convert JA->JO and that is all the extra bones that JO has that allow for better animations. All the fingers with all 3 joints are there, more face bones and there are toe bones for better foot roll. It's a real shame they opted out of using as many bones in JA as they did in JO.

Well there is more of a benefit to convert JA->JO and that is all the extra bones that JO has that allow for better animations. All the fingers with all 3 joints are there, more face bones and there are toe bones for better foot roll. It's a real shame they opted out of using as many bones in JA as they did in JO.

Okay, so let's say I convert an original JKA model to JKO with the skeleton and all. Would that model be able to use animations from JK2 specifically as a result, say the Kyle and Jan kissing animations?

In, JO yes, but if the sequence doesn't exist in the JA animations then you wont be able to use it in JA no matter what skeleton the character use

The thing is, if you rig the model for JKO, and use it in a JKA Mod that brings JK2's story to SP, some animations are different. Say the swoop bike animations for normal models are the kissing animations, gestures etc. The blaster and saber animations are the same, though. Even the double bladed & dual ones, as far as I'm aware.

The thing is, if you rig the model for JKO, and use it in a JKA Mod that brings JK2's story to SP, some animations are different. Say the swoop bike animations for normal models are the kissing animations, gestures etc. The blaster and saber animations are the same, though. Even the double bladed & dual ones, as far as I'm aware.

I think you can use the JK2 animations in JKA SP by renaming the JK2 _humanoid folder and .gla and editing the JK2 model.glm to use the renamed _humanoid, that way the Cutscenes in Jedi Outcast will use the right animations. 

...wouldn't the foot look bad (not flexing at the ball-of-foot/toe)?

It'll look exactly the same as JKA. The animations that were in JK2 (walks, runs, etc) with the toe moving were simply added for JKA's GLA and not changed at all. You can tell by looking at the XSI source files in Max/Mod Tool, they won't have any JKA bones (lhang_tag_bone, tail bones, etc).

JKA-specific animations however, look to have been made with the toe removal in mind - ie feet flat on the ground.