ParaTracker

@@NAB622 that looks mostly correct to me, although TFFA and CTF should be 4 and 5, respectively.

Fixed.

(Also, it doesn't use any of those bitmasks you mentioned; I don't even think they exist?)

Removed.

If you know/learn of any other differences between JKG and base JA just give us a shout.

• 2 weeks later...

Off-topic from the last several posts: Analytics looks like it's pretty much done, minus a little polishing. If anyone would like to do some bug testing, feel free.

Here's a sample from SO's server:

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/utilities/Analytics.php?ip=so.jk3.in&port=29070

And here's one from my favorite CoD4 server to track:

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/utilities/Analytics.php?ip=66.150.121.164&port=28931

Click around on the graph to see more data on things.

Edit: You can also link people to exactly what you're looking at, since parameters are set in the URL. If you have any issues, post a link here!

Edit 2: Analytics data has been reset. Don't bother with it for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

If all goes well, we will be updating some time tomorrow or the day after. The utilities will be organized nicely on the new page - use them to your advantage!

This might be a bit bumpy, so if something breaks, let us know and we'll fix it.

k4far likes this

ParaTracker 1.4 is live. Any bugs, let us know. If you need assistance setting up things like a custom skin, let us know.

Big changes this release are:

Refreshes are now butter smooth (no page reload)

The player list can be sorted several different ways

The color of the scrollbar can be customized

An analytics button has been added directly in the tracker

http://paratracker.dogi.us/

Sample:

http://paratracker.dogi.us/?ip=dogi.us&port=29070&skin=Metallic%20Console&filterOffendingServerNameSymbols=true&displayGameName=true&enableAutoRefresh=true&levelshotsEnabled=true&enableGeoIP=true&scrollShaftColor=039&scrollThumbColor=079

Smoo and Srethem like this

Try this CSS file. I fixed that issue for you as per Cagelight's instructions, but I also added a few other styles that were missing from minor updates.

http://paratracker.dogi.us/Circa2.css

Even though I didn't want to initially, I also made the ParaTracker logo / version number a clickable link that opens the setup page. I hope that's okay with everyone. If you don't like it, just speak up and I will remove it. After a bit of thought, it just....made sense to have it.

Circa likes this

Try this CSS file. I fixed that issue for you as per Cagelight's instructions, but I also added a few other styles that were missing from minor updates.

http://paratracker.dogi.us/Circa2.css

Even though I didn't want to initially, I also made the ParaTracker logo / version number a clickable link that opens the setup page. I hope that's okay with everyone. If you don't like it, just speak up and I will remove it. After a bit of thought, it just....made sense to have it.

Cool, went ahead and used yours. And I'm fine with the link on the logo, makes sense to me.

NAB622 likes this

I downloaded and started MB2 for the first time ever, hoping to get levelshots. Apparently, cheats are not allowed (So I can't noclip to get levelshots, or even explore the maps to find nice things for levelshots) and I can't start the maps in base openJK due to a vehicle extensions error, and I have no desire to pick through their assets removing vehicles to get it to work.

Is it even possible to use noclip in MB2?

Alternatively, if someone is willing to provide levelshots to us under MIT license, we will accept them.

Otherwise....I think I'm done with MB2 and will move on to games/mods that are easier.

Smoo likes this

Is it even possible to use noclip in MB2?

Hey! Sure it is, you just have to start your own local game with cheats on. This is done by /devmap <mapname> in console while in main menu, for example /devmap mb2_dotf. Then you will most likely get a whining message about your gametype being wrong. This happens if your gametype is not set to Siege, since that's what MB2 is built on. In that case, just type /g_gametype 7 in main menu first and then /devmap <mapname> and you're good to go!

NAB622 likes this

This happens if your gametype is not set to Siege, since that's what MB2 is built on. In that case, just type /g_gametype 7 in main menu first and then /devmap <mapname> and you're good to go!

Ahhhhh, I did not know this. I will give it a fresh go after I finish with SoF2. Thank you, that helps a lot.

Smoo likes this

According to Cagelight, this error is caused by Firefox not allowing Javascript to parse the CSS. If I recall correctly, there are two places where this is done in ParaTracker. Worst case scenario, we might be able to substitute a default value if the CSS part fails.....I'll have to sleep on this one, though.

Circa likes this

After thinking on it a bit, I'm not sure it can be fixed satisfactorily. ParaTracker parses the CSS twice during load.

The first time, it parses the levelshot animations and adds them to a list for use later. This part can easily be fixed.

The second time, it finds the width of the player table, and sets the "Name Score Ping" headers bar to match. This part cannot be fixed reliably. I can add the default width to the CSS skins, but it will cause the labels to misalign under certain conditions.

Given this, it will always be slightly broken in firefox, I'm afraid. On a side note, firefox has been in a massive decline for many years.

After thinking on it a bit, I'm not sure it can be fixed satisfactorily. ParaTracker parses the CSS twice during load.

The first time, it parses the levelshot animations and adds them to a list for use later. This part can easily be fixed.

The second time, it finds the width of the player table, and sets the "Name Score Ping" headers bar to match. This part cannot be fixed reliably. I can add the default width to the CSS skins, but it will cause the labels to misalign under certain conditions.

Given this, it will always be slightly broken in firefox, I'm afraid. On a side note, firefox has been in a massive decline for many years.

Maybe its just a temporary bug in a recent update in Firefox that will be fixed soon? It worked fine up until last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Our host is migrating our web server to a new datacenter. The process is supposed to take about 10 minutes for our server, but in case something goes wrong, it will take longer. Just wanted to be clear that this is planned downtime and not ParaTracker disappearing just after it got off the ground.  :)

I'll probably start the migration some time in the next 24 hours.

Maybe its just a temporary bug in a recent update in Firefox that will be fixed soon? It worked fine up until last week.

It may also be HTTPS related. Hard to say. I still haven't thought of a workable fix, unfortunately.

Smoo likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

Some small updates are being made to ParaTracker. They're all related to the admin tools, so nothing will visibly change on the front end. It's all small stuff, intended to help with community promotion across multiple games. The version number was incremented to 1.4.1 to indicate the change.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated again today.

At some point the setup page was broken, and we were not aware of it. The setup page is now fixed.

Also, some time recently, Chrome updated, and now both Chrome and Firefox do not allow Javascript to read CSS rules. Due to this, the scroll bar on the player list had to be permanently removed to prevent the column headers from misaligning. Users may need to clear their browser cache to reload the CSS and Javascript files, but everything should work now.

Please let us know if anything is still broken!

Smoo likes this
  • 2 months later...

ParaTracker 1.4.3 released today.

https://pt.dogi.us

A method to choose levelshot transitions has been added. Users can decide which individual transitions to use, or none at all. Also a few bug fixes.

@@Circa - you can remove the transition hack-stuff from your CSS file if you like. The new method is cleaner and allows more options.

Due to how this was implemented, any existing trackers will be restricted to simple fade transitions. Users will have to go through the setup process again if they wish to have more transitions.

Smoo likes this
  • 2 years later...

Currently working on ParaTracker 1.5. I have implemented a DDOS protection measure for users to use (Just for the tracker, it doesn't protect the game server!), although I am far from ready for the public to use it at this time. I need to create a way for users to prove ownership of their servers. I'm going to try this with two methods:

1. The user can type their RCON password into ParaTracker, and ParaTracker will send a junk RCON command to the server to see if the password is correct.
  2. Alternatively, the user can set a CVAR to a value requested by ParaTracker, and ParaTracker will accept that as proof of ownership. (For those with trust issues, because I absolutely understand)

Anyhow! Until that is done, I'm also working on a much-requested feature as well. Many users requested that ParaTracker have the ability to display a list of the tracked servers. I finally broke down and figured out what I needed to change, and am working on it now. It should be done within a day or two, and then I'll go back to the other stuff. Currently, I still have to change the visuals a lot here, but it's by far the best looking server status list I've seen.

Here's what it looks like right now:

https://pt.dogi.us/utilities/ServerList.php

This page is also available from the setup page if you click on the game names at the top.

https://pt.dogi.us

Aldro Koon, OCD2 and Circa like this