ParaTracker

Circa - I have not forgotten about you. I was busy rewriting another large portion of the back end. The next big update is intended to implement JSON into the CSS skins. The results will be worth it, but it could take a few weeks.

I will try and make time to get you those levelshots and possibly the css file tomorrow. Unless you specify otherwise, I will use your last image as a reference point for the tracker's​ appearance.

Circa likes this

Circa - I have made a CSS skin that should be a little more to your liking. You should be able to easily modify it from here to say whatever you want. After modifying it, put it on your web server and link to it on the dynamic page, and it should work.

FYI, the custom text does not accept HTML tags, due to it being a CSS element, but you can add whatever you like. The color settings are toward the bottom of the file.

http://testbed.dogi.us/Circa.zip

I also downloaded the maps from your downloads section, and I plan on taking levelshots later tonight.

Circa likes this

Circa - I have made a CSS skin that should be a little more to your liking. You should be able to easily modify it from here to say whatever you want. After modifying it, put it on your web server and link to it on the dynamic page, and it should work.

FYI, the custom text does not accept HTML tags, due to it being a CSS element, but you can add whatever you like. The color settings are toward the bottom of the file.

http://testbed.dogi.us/Circa.zip

I also downloaded the maps from your downloads section, and I plan on taking levelshots later tonight.

Oh, well that would be a lot of maps! Definitely don't go through that much trouble. :P I think RaceArena would be fine. Not having levelshots for a few of them is fine. Plus, the clan map is not done yet. :P

Just uploaded 135 levelshots. Some of those maps are huuuuuge. Impressive. I also noticed that Siren's Enclave used some rather familiar prefabs. Flattering, to say the least. I keep seeing them everywhere.

We already had levelshots for Taspir Power Complex v3 (Naturally), Grand Jedi Skills: Flaw Stories, Jedi's Home II, Sith Council v2, The Academy v3, and the official bonus map pack, so it wasn't as big a task as it seemed.

If you need updated levelshots for the clan map in the future, just say so. Cagelight is working on a method to request new levelshots as well.

Circa likes this

How do I do this? I don't see a spot for it on the dynamic page.

We will eventually be making a move to JSON for the server data, but that update will roll out automatically on the back end. If you need to add any CSS classes to your custom skin for compatibility,  I will let you know. 

The end result of using JSON for the data is that the refreshes will not blink, since the page will never reload. The tracker should also perform much better under high load, due to it loading two text files per page load instead of 12 or more. 

Smoo and Circa like this

I thought I knew what was causing that, but I guess not. Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it.

Edit: Any time you run into an error in ParaTracker, check the page in the iframe - if it's throwing any errors, they will be in the HTML comment at the top,  right after the version number. Those messages are invaluable to us for bug finding.

I thought I knew what was causing that, but I guess not. Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into it.

Edit: Any time you run into an error in ParaTracker, check the page in the iframe - if it's throwing any errors, they will be in the HTML comment at the top,  right after the version number. Those messages are invaluable to us for bug finding.

<!--
 ParaTracker 1.3.4 <!--<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: flag in <b>/srv/ParaTracker/ParaFunc.php</b> on line <b>2306</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined variable: countryName in <b>/srv/ParaTracker/ParaFunc.php</b> on line <b>2306</b><br />
-->
NAB622 likes this

Thanks. I think I already had it fixed, although at this point I'm quite a ways into rewriting the output code, and that stuff needs to wait for a new version because of the significant number of changes, plus I need to test a bunch of stuff first (Housekeeping stuff),

By the way, I'm interested in your opinion - even though the levelshot transitions are disabled on your tracker, would you be opposed to allowing users to click on them to look through all the pictures manually?

Thanks. I think I already had it fixed, although at this point I'm quite a ways into rewriting the output code, and that stuff needs to wait for a new version because of the significant number of changes, plus I need to test a bunch of stuff first (Housekeeping stuff),

By the way, I'm interested in your opinion - even though the levelshot transitions are disabled on your tracker, would you be opposed to allowing users to click on them to look through all the pictures manually?

That would be cool, yeah. I think the main issue I have is that the transitions themselves were a bit much. If you just had the pictures change without any fancy PowerPoint-esque transitions, I'd be fine with that too. I just wasn't a fan of those.

If you just had the pictures change without any fancy PowerPoint-esque transitions, I'd be fine with that too. I just wasn't a fan of those.

You should have full control over the transitions with the CSS file.

At the end of your custom CSS file, paste the following code, then allow transitions to test it:

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition1
{
    0% {opacity: 1;}
    100% {opacity: 0;}
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition2
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition3
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition4
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition5
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition6
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition7
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition8
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition9
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition10
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition11
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition12
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition13
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition14
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition15
{
}

Effectively, it should override the existing 15 transitions with the same basic one. If it does not work, let me know, and I'll see about adding a method to choose transitions.

Circa likes this

You should have full control over the transitions with the CSS file.

At the end of your custom CSS file, paste the following code, then allow transitions to test it:

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition1
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition2
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition3
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition4
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition5
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition6
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition7
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition8
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition9
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition10
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition11
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition12
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition13
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition14
{
}

/* Simple fade */
@keyframes levelshotTransition15
{
}

Effectively, it should override the existing 15 transitions with the same basic one. If it does not work, let me know, and I'll see about adding a method to choose transitions.

Works perfectly. :)
NAB622 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Most of the reconstruction process is complete. Here's a preview of what's coming. If anyone has feedback, I would like to hear it before going much further. These changes are being rolled out on the back end, and will affect all users.

Link:

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/ParaTrackerDynamic.php?ip=66.150.121.164&port=28931&skin=Metallic%20Console&filterOffendingServerNameSymbols=true&displayGameName=true&enableAutoRefresh=true&levelshotsEnabled=true

The two biggest changes are that reloads are now butter smooth, and clicking on the column headers for the player list will re-sort the list.

Edit: Also, level changes are now handled differently. The levelshots will transition to static, buffer the new images, and then transition back to the images.

Also, a lot of former PHP functions have been pushed off onto the client and are done with Javascript now, so response times under load should be faster.

Smoo likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

We still have some time left before release, but I wanted to know if anyone has an opinion on the new layout of the tracker utilities. Click the button at the top of the page to open them.

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/ParaTrackerDynamic.php

Most of the games that we plan to support are already added. All we need now is levelshots and to finish analytics. After this release, ParaTracker is intended to be maintenance only; we do not plan on adding any more features. We will do bug fixes and game support, but that is all. So if you want something added, now is the time to speak up. 

As always, opinions are welcome.

Smoo and Circa like this

Circa - I modified your CSS file to be compatible with the upcoming release. I tried not to touch anything without good reason, however I did remove the float: left; property from the color classes at the bottom, since it broke the player list when teams were added. I understand you probably won't use it for teams, so feel free to add it back if you like.

Link:

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/Circa.css

It will probably need edited one more time in the future, but in the meantime it won't break anything when we update the back end.

Edit: The new css file may break things, specifically the player list, so hang on to the old one.

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...

So we're still at least two weeks from release I think, but I wanted to get opinions on the final feature we're adding. ParaTracker is now continuously tracking every server that the users make it aware of, and saving the info to a database. We are still working on displaying the data to the clients, and this is where we need opinions.

Circa, the following link is your server. The blue dots are the player count, and the pink bars are the map being played. Each map is a unique height.

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/utilities/Analytics.php?ip=so.jk3.in&port=29070

To see how it looks with more data, here's a popular CoD4 server with a map rotation every 15 minutes or so:

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/utilities/Analytics.php?ip=66.150.121.164&port=28931

There will be controls for viewing different data times and viewing a few other parameters but I am not there yet. For now, I would appreciate your feedback!

Smoo likes this

I am still working on the most useful part of it, which will show how many players there are per map hour. Basically, it will be an easy way to see what maps people like most.

The other thing I could see it being used for is to tell when a server is normally busy, so players know when to show up.

By bitflags, I mean things like g_forcePowerDisable. See this link for the reason I am asking.

http://testbed.dogi.us/ParaTracker/ParaTrackerDynamic.php#bitValueCalculator

I hate to ask you to spell this out, but unfortunately I do not know C yet (And I am also very very tired) - if I'm reading this right, the gametypes for JKG would be something like this:

0 - FFA

1 - Duel

2 - Powerduel

3 - Single Player

4 - RPG City

5 - RPG Wilderness

6 - Team FFA

7 - CTF

8 - Warzone

9 - Ninelives

10 - Ticketed

11 - Roundbased

Yes? If so, I will add them just like that.

Smoo likes this

Currently, every server that is tracked by any user will continue to be tracked until it is offline for seven days. After that, the users will have to re-track the server, although the old data will remain.

It is theoretically possible to use a JA master server; however, I have no knowledge of how to do this, and it is impractical given that we are tracking 10+ games. The load on the web server would be incredible.

k4far likes this