Texture problem

Hello,

so I have included some textures into my GtkRadiant, which works because I have set the correct dimensions of picture of that texture.

Anyways, this seems strange, I have made the texture FIT on a brush in Radiant:

image.jpg

But, when I go check it out in-game I get this shape:

20160804203756_1.jpg

Any help? I really did my best by trying to solve it...

I know this may be a pain in the butt, but, try to not use fit and in Surface Inspector and adjust it manually. You probably will have to change the values you manipulate the image by but it may work. Recompile and see if that does anything.

I have to do it then 36 times like that :D Thanks I will try it.

Maybe is a stupid suggest but... no, i not think you have the snap grid enabled into properties.

mmm... i never see a texture so nasty before that. how is possible can happen that? O_o

what kind of map buildind and radiant version are you using? i can only think of some trouble with q3map2 building.

Also, texture is applied on a brush or on a patch mesh? patches can be bad with texture alignment some times. >.<

I use GtkRadiant 1.5.0., I didn't put any weird shader in there, it's just a simple brush that is on caulk texture. I really don't know a thing about this "error" thing, all of this is new to me. O.o And yes manually moving the texture vertically and horizontally didn't work, it's still same..

I use GtkRadiant 1.5.0., I didn't put any weird shader in there, it's just a simple brush that is on caulk texture. I really don't know a thing about this "error" thing, all of this is new to me. O.o And yes manually moving the texture vertically and horizontally didn't work, it's still same..

mmm try to fix manually on radiant with the S key set to 1.0 the horizontal and vertical stretch.

Before of do that make sure you had selected the face of the brush with the bad texture.

mmm try to fix manually on radiant with the S key set to 1.0 the horizontal and vertical stretch.

Before of do that make sure you had selected the face of the brush with the bad texture.

I have tried stretching the texture multiple times, it won't work.. I even tried all the dimensions (128, 256, 512 and 1024), they all show the same bad result.

Oh I got it working l0l, seems like the caulked brush had some problems with getting this type of texture on it, so it got confused I guess, so I created another similar brush and it's working!

But, why does the texture look blurry? Like, why doesn't it look as detailed as in GtkRadiant and in Photoshop or picture viewer?

Oh I got it working l0l, seems like the caulked brush had some problems with getting this type of texture on it, so it got confused I guess, so I created another similar brush and it's working!

But, why does the texture look blurry? Like, why doesn't it look as detailed as in GtkRadiant and in Photoshop or picture viewer?

Maybe it was a malformed brush. sometime happened.

Can we see screenshot of confrontation? o.o

Are you sure JKA is setted to HIgh resolution into the setup?

maybe a .shader file can give a better look to the texture.

Can we see screenshot of confrontation? o.o

Are you sure JKA is setted to HIgh resolution into the setup?

maybe a .shader file can give a better look to the texture.

Yes all details are set on high in JKA and have the biggest resolution option set in JKA (1280x1024)

Here is the texture comparison:

First comparison of three same textures, but, with different brush dimensions:

20160805145039_1.jpg

Now three more pictures follow up with biggest brush to smallest brush, they all seem to show same results:

20160805145051_1.jpg

20160805145058_1.jpg

20160805145117_1.jpg

Langerd likes this

Yeah... sometimes some weird stuff are going on in the Radiant... Once i had an issue where some invinsible wall was created in my map after exporting it to the game. When i looked back in the program i thought i left some clip brush or something by mistake (or hide and forgot to unhide it) . But there was nothing there in the program :P

Asgarath83 likes this

Yeah... sometimes some weird stuff are going on in the Radiant... Once i had an issue where some invinsible wall was created in my map after exporting it to the game. When i looked back in the program i thought i left some clip brush or something by mistake (or hide and forgot to unhide it) . But there was nothing there in the program  :P

Yeah well, looks like that blurry texture will just have to do.. :P 

When things appear really tiled like that, too small etc, I remember it has something to do with your path set-up. Have you checked if it also happens when you pk3 your map + texture?

Yeah... sometimes some weird stuff are going on in the Radiant... Once i had an issue where some invinsible wall was created in my map after exporting it to the game. When i looked back in the program i thought i left some clip brush or something by mistake (or hide and forgot to unhide it) . But there was nothing there in the program :P

Maybe the autoclip spawnflag? It tends to put an invisible wall somewhere random.

When things appear really tiled like that, too small etc, I remember it has something to do with your path set-up. Have you checked if it also happens when you pk3 your map + texture?

Nah I haven't tried compiling the map yet, I don't even dare to do it yet because I don't really have time to mess with compiling the map in it's current state.

Nah I haven't tried compiling the map yet, I don't even dare to do it yet because I don't really have time to mess with compiling the map in it's current state.

How are you playing it in-game then? o.0

I have this tiling issue too though. There's no way I'm going to recreate all my brushes though. I've tried everything I can think of to solve it without doing that though... :(

Maybe the autoclip spawnflag? It tends to put an invisible wall somewhere random.

Nope.. It was all the worldspawn :/ It was weird..

What I meant was, pack it up properly in a pk3 and test it on your PC 

I didn't do that as you said, but, a strange thing happened... All of my settings are set to high and all of that, but, today my JKA somehow got back to default .cfg, which I don't remember I touched, more like it got reset by itself somehow. I went back to see my map in-game and my textures seemed to appear all detailed and normal as in GtkRadiant. O.o This is all just too strange for me because I'm still new in this, and I'm not even sure if my JKA caused the blurry texture ......

Circa likes this