A single animation, only for artsy stuff

Meh, wish i could to it myself though. But Dragon's console doesn't open, which makes it impossible.

tumblr_o5ohjmLYaD1qe8lb8o1_250.gif

Why in the world are you using Dragon? No one uses that anymore, all the 3d apps can properly export animations and Softimage ALWAYS could. Dragon is THE WORST way to go about making animations for this game, it always has been.

[sharedmedia=tutorials:tutorials:90]

There is a section in that tutorial that shows how to create character animations, I've made it so simple anyone can do it.

Why in the world are you using Dragon? No one uses that anymore, all the 3d apps can properly export animations and Softimage ALWAYS could. Dragon is THE WORST way to go about making animations for this game, it always has been.

There is a section in that tutorial that shows how to create character animations, I've made it so simple anyone can do it.

This seems way better than Blender. I'll start to learn how to use it!

Dragon was easier for me to use. Could you make a tutorial on how to make an animation fast and simple and get it to work? Thanks.

giphy.gif

@@ShenLong Kazama unfortunately due to time I cannot make a tutorial like that, you could however watch an existing tutorial on youtube on the basics of Softimage then use my tutorial. If I made one for someone who had never opened the program once in their life the video would be litterally hours long.

@@Noodle, lmk if you need any help.

Is there anyplace where I can download the 32 bit version of Softimage? Autodesk seems to only have the newest versions. 

@@Noodle

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/autodesk-softimage-mod-tool-75

That is the version that the file can be opened with. It's the free "game modders" edition of the software but honestly it has almost everything the full version has, it just can't render out large image sizes (can't remember the limit) and it has limited file export formats. There are addons out there though for this version that let it import and export more file types, just check the link in my sig.

If for whatever reason you have trouble downloading from there I kept the installer as a backup since this was the final version that they released for free and it's not on Autodesk's website anymore. I can just upload the installer somewhere, used to have it on filefront but well we all know what happened to that.

@@Noodle

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/autodesk-softimage-mod-tool-75

That is the version that the file can be opened with. It's the free "game modders" edition of the software but honestly it has almost everything the full version has, it just can't render out large image sizes (can't remember the limit) and it has limited file export formats. There are addons out there though for this version that let it import and export more file types, just check the link in my sig.

If for whatever reason you have trouble downloading from there I kept the installer as a backup since this was the final version that they released for free and it's not on Autodesk's website anymore. I can just upload the installer somewhere, used to have it on filefront but well we all know what happened to that.

It works! Thanks a lot.