Using JKG's DLT-19 to repleace the repeater

Sure is; you need to edit the weapons.dat file. This file is located in "assets1.pk3" in your base game directory - you need a program like PakScape to open pk3 files.

Then, in the file go through the folder "ext_data" and there will be a file called weapons.dat. Open it with notepad and look for this entry:

}

// WP_REPEATER
{
weapontype       WP_REPEATER
weaponclass      weapon_repeater
weaponmodel      models/weapons2/heavy_repeater/heavy_repeater.md3
weaponIcon       gfx/hud/w_icon_repeater
ammotype         4
ammolowcount     25
energypershot    1
firetime         50
range            8192
altenergypershot 8
altfiretime      800
altrange         8192
barrelcount      1
missileFuncName		repeater_func
altmissileFuncName	repeater_alt_func
muzzleEffect		repeater/muzzle_flash
altmuzzleEffect		repeater/altmuzzle_flash
selectSound			sound/weapons/repeater/select.wav
selectforce			fffx/weapons/repeater/select
}

In the "weaponmodel" line, change the location of the default repeater model to the one you want.

That's about it, if you don't understand something just ask or if you prefer I could do it for you.

Sure is; you need to edit the weapons.dat file. This file is located in "assets1.pk3" in your base game directory - you need a program like PakScape to open pk3 files.

Then, in the file go through the folder "ext_data" and there will be a file called weapons.dat. Open it with notepad and look for this entry:

}

// WP_REPEATER
{
weapontype       WP_REPEATER
weaponclass      weapon_repeater
weaponmodel      models/weapons2/heavy_repeater/heavy_repeater.md3
weaponIcon       gfx/hud/w_icon_repeater
ammotype         4
ammolowcount     25
energypershot    1
firetime         50
range            8192
altenergypershot 8
altfiretime      800
altrange         8192
barrelcount      1
missileFuncName		repeater_func
altmissileFuncName	repeater_alt_func
muzzleEffect		repeater/muzzle_flash
altmuzzleEffect		repeater/altmuzzle_flash
selectSound			sound/weapons/repeater/select.wav
selectforce			fffx/weapons/repeater/select
}

In the "weaponmodel" line, change the location of the default repeater model to the one you want.

That's about it, if you don't understand something just ask or if you prefer I could do it for you.

@@GLTh3Pr0 And also change the barrelcount to 0. The repeater first person view model use two models.

Also there are many times problems with model angels. If there are no issues in this model i see no problem:

1. Change in the Weapon.dat the lines in repeater model.

2. Create folder in the models/weapons2/<this weapon folder> - and here You put glm. of the model and MD3 model that will be Your First person view (also this will help the game to know which glm model to use)

3. IMPORTANT THING!!! the glm model that You put here will be the model that player , npc's are holding. The stupid thing is that it will not replace the weapon that you can pick up or the weapon that is dropped (force pull, death of the npc). This is weird so in your pk3 that You will made You need to add:

-two folders one - the folder of this weapon and two - the folder called heavy_repeater. You have md3 and glm of this weapon in the folder.

-Copy the glm. model and put it to the heavy_repeater folder.

-After that You select this glm model and name it - heavy_repeater_w

You have models and names correctly. You should put them in the folder with the name that models have paths to. The only one glm model you just put in the heavy_repeater folder to replace it (NOT IN THE GAME ASSETS!!! IN NEW PK3 FILE)

Maksman likes this

I ran into a little problem. After step 1, I tried to start the game just to see how the weapon looked in a NPC's hands, the game starting console says "corrupt zone header", any idea?

Also there's another problem, in the DLT's folder there were like 20 md3 files like "model_bipod1", "model_scope" so just selected the "model.md3" in the .DAT, what should I do in this case?

https://jkhub.org/images/9NSgKT7.png

EDIT: I tried Multiplayer and the game starts, but the repeater model is still the vanilla one

I ran into a little problem. After step 1, I tried to start the game just to see how the weapon looked in a NPC's hands, the game starting console says "corrupt zone header", any idea?

Also there's another problem, in the DLT's folder there were like 20 md3 files like "model_bipod1", "model_scope" so just selected the "model.md3" in the .DAT, what should I do in this case?

https://jkhub.org/images/9NSgKT7.png

EDIT: I tried Multiplayer and the game starts, but the repeater model is still the vanilla one

Modding weapons for mp is pain in the ass... And it kinda works differently.

For Sp You should only put the MD3 file that has the name of the model (Can You make screen shot inside the folder with the models?) and glm file with only name of the model but with _w in the end.

Ok.. Wow..

There are many files , many changes that makes everything very complicated.
The glm model works fine but MD3 model (i think it is viewmodel.md3) Has strange paths.

Use modview and use MD3viewer to find the textures You need. The pain in the ass will be creating new folders just to make the model paths work.

The other problem is that ... It will not load in the game. The default game allows 1000vert model in FPS . This one has more than 2000... So It needs editing in blender for example to work in normal game :S The JKG modification could overpass the limit.. the default game.. will not load the model.

In a few words, it's something EXTREMELY difficult, right?

Yep ^^ and time consuming.. The high quality models are allowed only in modifications where they were able to remove verts limits. In other words this model would need many changes and also taging, angles editing and other stuff...

Ok.. Wow..

There are many files , many changes that makes everything very complicated.

The glm model works fine but MD3 model (i think it is viewmodel.md3) Has strange paths.

Use modview and use MD3viewer to find the textures You need. The pain in the ass will be creating new folders just to make the model paths work.

The other problem is that ... It will not load in the game. The default game allows 1000vert model in FPS . This one has more than 2000... So It needs editing in blender for example to work in normal game :S The JKG modification could overpass the limit.. the default game.. will not load the model.

just what i said a few post ago.

Langerd likes this

Yep ^^ and time consuming.. The high quality models are allowed only in modifications where they were able to remove verts limits. In other words this model would need many changes and also taging, angles editing and other stuff...

It might be easier just to fix the base game and use a modified version of openjk, with upped limits to get it to work without changing the model.  :P

Langerd likes this

JKG Developer

It might be easier just to fix the base game and use a modified version of openjk, with upped limits to get it to work without changing the model.   :P

True ... but look at all these models!!! It would be best idea to just put all these jkg assets and just edit Weapon.dat

Also .. i dont know how to fix this. Maybe Openjk fix this issue like You said . If Yes that wouldnt be a problem. It would be just editing paths,names of the models etc.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm working with a new model and I've got a question. If (instead of working inside the game assets) I wanna do a pk3 file of the mod weapon that repleaces the vanilla weapon, what should I do?

Replacing a base weapon is fairly simple. Some of the main things you will want to do is replace the weapon .glm with the weapon you want to use. Make sure it's the same name though. Also be sure to include all necessary files: shaders, textures, etc..

GLTh3Pr0 and swegmaster like this
  • 1 month later...