First scrimmage match

Since we now have a server, I was hoping that maybe we could have a community game. It would also be a good time to gather screenshots for the files.

So far I know that the following people would be interested in attending: @@Stoiss @@Darth Futuza @@Silverfang.

This scrimmage would have to take place after the next update. I just don't like the quality of the released version and it's missing many things (including some shaders). Lightsaber combat will also be tested during a match interlude.

Discuss maybe what time works for you. I can be available whenever within the next two or three weeks, but after that will be a bit chaotic.

Smoo likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

@@Silverfang wants the scrimmage match as part of an off/on weekly stream on Fridays. Only problem is that Fridays do not work well for me, and I'll need a little bit of extra time to sort out the inventory menu. So maybe Saturday will work.

Basically all that the inventory needs is the descriptions to show up properly, the filters to work, destroy/equip/unequip buttons and probably a round of debugging or two to make sure it doesn't have any major issues. All of which can probably be done tomorrow. Code is done for everything except the filters. Just need to edit the .menu file and it's good to go. I will talk to @@Silverfang about streaming that because it will make for some interesting footage I think.

Stoiss likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just an update, I haven't had much time lately, but I haven't forgotten about this. I will let you know when there is more information.

Even if it takes some time, it's always nice to hear about new things related to this mod. 

Smoo likes this
  • 8 months later...

We still plan on doing it...sometime eventually, as I think it'll be a fun event.  Just not anytime in the near future.  It isn't so much an issue of a lot of work needing to be done on a JKG, as much of an issue of the devs not having enough free time to complete that work at the moment (it isn't just eezstreet either who's been busy).  I've been doing some other things in the meantime with other parts of the game, but most of the stability eezstreet mentioned is waiting for some code from him before we can test and release it.

JKG Developer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to resurrect this again. We need to do a playtest of 1.01 before it releases. Who wants to host the server?

Mass summon...

@@Pande

@@Darth Futuza

@@Silverfang

@@Stoiss

@

@@Onysfx

@@Noodle

@@Xycaleth

If we can get a server set up and ensure the game is working well, I can use my JKHub Staff Secret Favors to try and get an event advertised here on the Hub better to get a bigger amount of people.

Smoo likes this

I'm going to resurrect this again. We need to do a playtest of 1.01 before it releases. Who wants to host the server?

Mass summon...

@@Pande

@@Darth Futuza

@@Silverfang

@@Stoiss

@

@@Onysfx

@@Noodle

@@Xycaleth

If we can get a server set up and ensure the game is working well, I can use my JKHub Staff Secret Favors to try and get an event advertised here on the Hub better to get a bigger amount of people.

Isn't @ still hosting a server? 

Smoo likes this

NubSmoo should be able to host it afaik.  I'm happy to host a US one temporarily from work if we really need one.  When is the best day for everyone?

Also anyone who wants to help do our PTR/beta test and participate in a few big old scrimmage maps, feel free to chime in and let us know you want an invite.

Smoo likes this

JKG Developer