[Question] Map to Blender

Hello , Jk Hub Community

I've got a question :

Is it possible to convert the Jedi academy bsp map file to obj or anything 3d model format ( that I can open in blender) ?

I tryed to convert the map to obj with GTK Radiant 1.5 (in the plugin section) but this is not converting the map correctly because this is not make .mtl file , so I can't open in blender.

Please help somebody, I really want this .

There is also a program called Deled with a plug in map importer suite that allows to load JK3 map into blender with all textures and materials, too. i have used for pass some map for a friend for her creative hobby. :) can be good for the large maps. :)

you need to load the map into Deled and after convert it in a format importable on blender. :) (Obj, Collada, Ase...)

What did you do?

I waited a lot of time and the blender opened the map but this lagged as hell , I fixed the lag on this way : I saved the ASE to .blend file

Can you help me please with an another question : How can I import  the textures to the map in blender  ? 

@@ladiszlai

Considering that you have been waiting for hours until it was finally loaded, I think you should upgrade the hardware of your computer a little bit.

Because depending on the hardware (CPU and RAM), the loading times can vary severely.

I have 8 gb RAM , my CPU : AMD fx 6300 ,I don't think i need to upgrate my PC.....

The textures are imported in some way, I think as material names. You could probably load them as materials using the python console.

What do You mean correctly ?

It could just be a problem with the plugin/blender. Could you upload the ASE so others can see how long it takes them to import?

Now, I don't need to fix this problem because I already imported the map to blender.

Now I need to know how can I add the textures for the map in blender.

I can add the textures by hand, but this is a long time.

--Update--

I made it by hand (This was around 10-20 min) : 

blender_zpsnlhvmgf1.png

Now, I don't need to fix this problem because I already imported the map to blender.

Now I need to know how can I add the textures for the map in blender.

I can add the textures by hand, but this is a long time.

--Update--

I made it by hand (This was around 10-20 min) : 

blender_zpsnlhvmgf1.png

Hm this technic is nice for making terrain for the maps :)

Asgarath83 likes this
  • 1 month later...