Model caps - hmm caps as the new model

The caps in the model are just caps. I figured that they show only after the saber really dismember the body part. Here is my question:

Is it possible to make it to show the other part of the model? For example if i chop some guys head off the cap will show but from this cap we will also see a bone shaped model. Kinda like here:

cap.jpg

The bone is not i am looking for though. I am just thinking about the material. For example we chop the guys torso off and the game loads the cap texture on the player model but also the burned material texture of the robe .
This would be help some modders and could deal with the flat look of them.

my_idea.jpg

Drawn with the mouse XD i prefer pencil

The cap surface is hidden until dismemberment occurs, at which point it's made visible. I don't see why it couldn't contain modeled bones etc., I've had that idea myself at some point. Just keep in mind that since it's a single surface you can only use a single texture, so some nice UV mapping is in order.

Langerd likes this

The cap surface is hidden until dismemberment occurs, at which point it's made visible. I don't see why it couldn't contain modeled bones etc., I've had that idea myself at some point. Just keep in mind that since it's a single surface you can only use a single texture, so some nice UV mapping is in order.

Hmm but we can parent the other model to the cap part. Like we parent the head to the torso etc. Would that work?

Yeah just model the bone sticking out of the cap, but make it all part of the same texture sheet as Wonko said.

What I would like to know is, does the game's code have set cap names or does it search the model's surfaces for words like "off" or "cap" ?

You wouldn't see bones hanging out after a slash from a lightsaber anyways.

Hee like is said - I am not looking for bones. I just wanted to know is it possible

For medieval mod it would be nice. Not a big dog shaped bone but a destroyed shape of bone. Or if Somebody want to make the gore effect there could be flesh model or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Hee like is said - I am not looking for bones. I just wanted to know is it possible

For medieval mod it would be nice. Not a big dog shaped bone but a destroyed shape of bone. Or if Somebody want to make the gore effect there could be flesh model or something.

Well, the fastest way to do that without a coding hacking or a long model work +  coding support i think is to edit the mode_default. .SKIN file of the model. you can change the path of the textures of the caps, and init your custom textures path name. the next step is to edit the caps textured and making the cutted bone and the bleeding flesh into the caps texture. :)

Dunno what's so hard to understand, YES it's very easily doable, just make sure the mesh being shown is ONE mesh with ONE texture sheet and name it just like any other cap, SIMPLE.

Emm ... I have already made it O.O ? Take it easy... (like 4-5 weeks ago)