Verschneit (Idyllic Snowy Village)

Originally posted a start to this map a while back, but have now started the project up again! This map is called Verschneit/BlueIce Village (going to make a tie-in with Twilight hopefully) Verschneit means snow covered, and the name comes from the Medal of Honor map of the same name, as does the original inspiration for this map!

As it stands it's around 40% complete in terms of brushwork and structure, and I haven't looked into interactivity much yet, that'll come later. It's going to be a medium-large sized map with indoor and outdoor areas :)

shot0000cz.th.jpgshot0001bq.th.jpgshot0002in.th.jpgshot0003r.th.jpgshot0004x.th.jpgshot0005c.th.jpgshot0006s.th.jpgshot0007nm.th.jpgshot0008fb.th.jpgshot0001gya.th.jpgshot0003rh.th.jpgshot0004y.th.jpgshot0002a.th.jpgshot0002ap.th.jpgshot0003gt.th.jpgshot0004cl.th.jpgshot0005ew.th.jpgshot0000n.th.jpgshot0002ye.th.jpgshot0003ed.th.jpg

Edited by Caelum
Morabis, Sentra, Azatha and 7 others like this

I think I may have stumbled upon this somewhere, a long time ago. :blink:

This sir, is awesome-tastic. I really love the atmosphere you've put into the place!

Indeed you did - ironic flashback coming up...

"I'd be more enthusiastic about finishing if the only remaining high profile place to get it reviewed wasnt full of holes and bugs" :P
"Well, maybe JKHub can remedy that once it's open."
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when you first posted screens of this map

Then you must be bloody old... :D

I don't remember if I already asked, but how closely does this resemble the layout of the original? Verschneit was probably my favourite MoH:AA map.

The basic layout is almost identical - with some minor differences in size and spacing.

Some more update:

verschneit3.jpg

verschneit4.jpg

verschneit5.jpg

verschneit6.jpg

Turquoise Dragon likes this