Can you modify weather with map ent-modding? (And are thunder and lightning doable in JA?)

I had an idea for the Korriban level in JA SP, I wanted to make the outside portion be dark and stormy, and to therefore have lightning strikes and thunder in the background. Is that possible with only ent-modding?

Come to think of it, is it possible to do thunder and lightning in JA?

No, since you need to define the inside/outside zones you'd have to add brushes, which is outside the scope of ent-modding.

And thunder/lightning are not supported out of the box; you could create an effect and add that via ent-modding, but it probably wouldn't look all that pretty. If I were trying to create lightning I'd go for a sun-style white light that can be toggled on briefly, but that certainly requires a light compile. (In general you'd probably want to change the overall lighting if you want a nice dark thunderstorm.)

No, since you need to define the inside/outside zones you'd have to add brushes, which is outside the scope of ent-modding.

And thunder/lightning are not supported out of the box; you could create an effect and add that via ent-modding, but it probably wouldn't look all that pretty. If I were trying to create lightning I'd go for a sun-style white light that can be toggled on briefly, but that certainly requires a light compile. (In general you'd probably want to change the overall lighting if you want a nice dark thunderstorm.)

Thunder/lightning are supported in SP with the rain entity afaik... Possibly with some extra stuff?  But I'm pretty sure the lightning, etc is triggered by it.  Cannot work in MP.

yes, and you can do that for every mod and basejka, not only Lugormod.

For example, the creator of project_rocketlauncher used effects and scripts for the explosions in the low room.

And I used that too to point objectives on some maps (using the kothos recharge effect) : players know what console to activate thanks to that. When they activated the good console, I disable the effect and enable a new effect in front of the next objective.

Dynamic lights can be added server-side (think CTF flags being carried). I think the entity was called misc_dlight, but I don't remember. They don't look as good as lightmapped light, but they get the job done when you just need a simple point light in an area. I may be wrong, but I think it's possible to use these for negative lights too where they darken an area.

As mrwonko said, inside/outside areas for weather need to be in brushes that are on the client. You could go with full-level rain (Korriban might have really leaky ceilings) or there might be basejka .efx files you could make use of and maybe scale them up. I think there are already effects for lighting strikes and sounds for thunder, and these can be scripted like Clan FJA and zeƒilus mentioned.