Death of Vader - Rescored

@@Jeff

I don't think, George Lucas would do anything with music like that. Some tracks have been changed, but it wasn't a bad move in the OT.

In any case the theme of Bariss Offee is one thing, but the death of Vader - is a very different deal. It's the culmination of everything what ever happened in Star Wars.

@@Jeff

I don't think, George Lucas would do anything with music like that. Some tracks have been changed, but it wasn't a bad move in the OT.

In any case the theme of Bariss Offee is one thing, but the death of Vader - is a very different deal. It's the culmination of everything what ever happened in Star Wars.

I know I was just being sarcastic  :P  I was actually referring to his addition of the NO before Vader throws Palpatine down the shaft.

I wonder if @@Circa has an opinion about this since he's done similar things for school projects.

Either way, I kinda agree that this ruins the scene. The music was quiet and eery for a good reason: we're gawking at Anakin (read: not Vader) in pure wonder and amazement, and there's some kind of magic lost when the music makes it hard to hear what's being said.

Circa likes this

Well, I'm not sure how much editing was done, but some of the cues were well done. Nice job.

If people are interested in my critique though, yes, too loud in most places. I recommend creating some automation of the volume, setting it quiter during the dialogue, and building a bit during the emotional death part. Music is there to feed emotion and if it's at its peak volume the whole time, there's nowhere to transition to when the emotion is at its highest.

With that said, I think the original score for this part was perfect. It gave an eerie and mysterious feeling to the scene, because you're about to see what Vader looks like under the mask! And still provided a sad theme during the death as well.

Although I realize that's not really the topic.

But yeah, good start. I'd be interested in hearing it again with my tips implemented.