func_train model2 question

I want it to move but it doesn't.

It's the Artus_Mine map, but it doesn't show the cart ingame in JAMP. I believe because model2 doesn't read .glm files. Therefore I used that md3 file.

You can import a glm in blender and quickly change it to the MD3.

If You want create a train with the model :

1.Create the overlay brush of your model using with physic clip texture

2.Select all brushes and chnage them into the func_train

3.Create Misc_model and target it to Your Func_train

4.You have a model that follow the train and also the hitbox of it.

Remember that Jka lightning is limited so when You are creating the train in the place that has (for example) green light it will stay with it - EVEN if it will go to the blue lighted place

A train is a mover that moves between path_corner target points.

Trains MUST HAVE AN ORIGIN BRUSH.

The train spawns at the first target it is pointing at.

"model2" .md3 model to also draw

"modelAngles" md3 model's angles <pitch yaw roll> (in addition to any rotation on the part of the brush entity itself)

"speed" default 100

"dmg" default 2

"health" default 0

"noise" looping sound to play when the train is in motion

"targetname" will not start until used

"target" next path corner

"target3" what to use when it breaks

"color" constantLight color

"light" constantLight radius

"linear" set to 1 and it will move linearly rather than with acceleration (default is 0)

"startframe" default 0...ghoul2 animation start frame

"endframe" default 0...ghoul2 animation end frame

(Sry typing from the phone) Here is the quick tutorial in gtkradiant of func_train enity. I FORGOT ! You must add the origin brush. The technique that i mention worked for me a lot of times.

So let me restate my problem:

I'm mapmodding the JK2 Singleplayer maps and I began with Artus Mine (personal reasons :P) and I got everything to how I want it to be, except the ore carts.

I don't know how I can get them to do their actual routes as it does in JK2 Singleplayer.

Any idea's?

EDIT: You can download the .ent file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dt2j1953osgcsd/artus_mine.ent

Edited by Maui

So let me restate my problem:

I'm mapmodding the JK2 Singleplayer maps and I began with Artus Mine (personal reasons :P) and I got everything to how I want it to be, except the ore carts.

I don't know how I can get them to do their actual routes as it does in JK2 Singleplayer.

Any idea's?

EDIT: You can download the .ent file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dt2j1953osgcsd/artus_mine.ent

I added one of those carts for a map I'm working on.  It's not really complicated, here's what I did (since my english is not perfect I'll use lots of images for reference, bear with me).

First of all, the model and its respective textures are located in the imp_mine folder from JK2 assets'. Common sense told me to copy those files and paste them on my imp_mine folder from JKA. That way, it should recognize the textures and the glm. file.  

Note: However, that did not work. Why? Beats me. What I did instead, was to paste the ore_cart files on my nar_shaddar folder, because there's some mumbo jumbo there that makes everything work. I also have a beerglass.glm there that allows me to script beer glasses on NPC's hands. This is how my nar_shaddar folder looks like. 

2cz2ct5.png

After that, you have to do the following on GTKRadiant:

Create an origin brush and a "Clip" brush (like pic related) 

zixe9u.png

Select both of those brushes and turn them into a func_train

You should tick the checkbox on start_on and loop. Also, you must write the key "model2" and the following directory "models/map_objects/nar_shaddar/ore_cart.glm" (or imp_mine/ore_cart.glm if you didn't copy the files unto your nar_shaddar folder). 

This is how it looks on my map

29lh9vk.png

Now the only thing left is to add some path_corner entities so the .glm can follow them. Place a path_corner anywhere and give it any targetname. Make your func_train target that entity. Then, create another path_corner that is targeted by the previous path_corner. Start creating a path like that and the .glm will follow it. Like this: 

w1pkbp.png

If everything works alright, the end result should be look like this:

1zqyohz.jpg

Maui likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Entity modding, if you haven't found the solution I'd suggest it won't work.  You may have to use GTk to get it to work.  And the JK2 maps are horribly made, textures on every face etc, this alone causes problems when playing the sp maps in jk2mp, I would know, I have converted many, making them work for JA is a little differnt story however. I am not sure if you  can change an entity spawnflags with an entity mod.  If you can change the spawnflag I assume it's possible to get the ore cart to work with an entity mod.  I would convert the map and look to see how they made the ore cart work for the game and then see if there is something about the entity you can change using an entity mod to make it work.