MAX_MAP_DRAW_VERTS damn...

How many models did you have contained in a single cell?  I think this may more so be in line with to many models in a single area basically to many for the game engine to render or load up at a single time.  So the obvious fix is to break up the amount of models you got in a single area.  Overall you got a limit of 4096 map entity's so don't worry about not having enough models in a single map.  Just try not to cluster to much in a single area, like patches, game wont compile to much of certain things in a single area.

Another simple fix is open the models you want in a room and save all those models into 1 large model, it will lower the amount of entity's you eat up for the map.  It's what I did with council room chairs on massassi temple.  Though it shows up as 1 .ent in the map each chair is its own model.

Langerd likes this

How many models did you have contained in a single cell?  I think this may more so be in line with to many models in a single area basically to many for the game engine to render or load up at a single time.  So the obvious fix is to break up the amount of models you got in a single area.  Overall you got a limit of 4096 map entity's so don't worry about not having enough models in a single map.  Just try not to cluster to much in a single area, like patches, game wont compile to much of certain things in a single area.

Another simple fix is open the models you want in a room and save all those models into 1 large model, it will lower the amount of entity's you eat up for the map.  It's what I did with council room chairs on massassi temple.  Though it shows up as 1 .ent in the map each chair is its own model.

Hmm about that i have some small places but with a lot of detail MD3. But i find out that i have ... all models as misc_model. I will change it and find out like DT85 said

i got also this error... this error occours when you got too many misc_model + brushes into your map. it's not a problem of map itself, but a limitation of radiant, only of radiant.

There is a limit of vertexes of brush + misc_model you can add into your map.

it's a Draw Error. the error means you have too many vertex.. Draw in your map. too many brushes, or too many high poly misc models.

i overrun this limitation and i got this error one week ago.

how i solve it? the domes of my cathedrals are... BIG... and complex. only the doubles roof got something like 2000 vertex.

2000 x 8 are 16 000 vertexes. >_> i solve this problem converting 1 dome into a misc_model_static, this clean up my map by 2000 displayed vertexes and now i can end the physic clip or the other misc_model in peace. :D

Langerd likes this

So @Asgarath83 for what i understand i suppose to change many models to misc_model_static because misc_model + brushes are creating this error. How the hell misc_model_static doesnt count as the vertexes too?

because misc_model_static are not displayed into radiant camera and radiant grid. so they not make the build error, they are just entity with not attacked a displayed model.

ah, i discover another thing: misc_model run fine into game, also if there are mesh with more of 1000 vertexes...

misc_model_static instead, if they are more of 1000 vertexes into a part, display on JKA the error of 1000 vertex md3.

so, be careful about it. i got some erorr for this in my conversion and i solve re-exporting my md3 by blender 2.64 after i splitted with P-> separate in edit mode and half verts of polygon selected, a part of the incriminating mesh.

as i told, is a draw error, is a dislaying error. like the error of image draw, of GTK Radiant. that occur if a map contain too many material and texture visible. if you have too many misc model or too many textures you can occour also in that.

i know, that suck, is a limitation of radiant itself.

Langerd likes this