Request: Need an umbrella modelled

Just a quick request for a project I am working on, probably very small

I need a model of an umbrella for a movie project I am working on. I need the character in game to hold it similarly to a lightsaber (which will work well, since the character just needs to hold it above their head like you would normally do with an umbrella :P ). I was thinking that I might just import it over tavions sword in the game, since that will avoid having a glow from a saber and the accompanying sound effects in the game.

The model doesnt need to be highly detailed or anything, just recognizable as an umbrella. Normally I would do it myself, but I dont know a thing about creating models for jka yet, and Im sure one of the developers on these forums could probably dash it off in 15 minutes or so.

And just make a melee more powerful , make some bar and some breakable objects that after pressing you get a weapon saber (for example You press at the chair and you have a chair saber , lamp a lamp saber and bottle a tulipan bottle weapon XD).
It would be awesome!!!

For You there is a MrWronko's tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtn9KO0omY

It will teach you how to make the model :) . The blender is quite nice program to use. Some time and trial and error and You have model ;) It is easy believe me.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

You can made a sab. with out the blade.

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/193645-list-things-you-can-do-sab-file.html

Do You have a picture of the umbrella that You want?

Literally as simple as this:

Davek_Umbrella_Elite_Open_Straight_1024x

Its for a humourous video project, only needs to be recognizable as an umbrella. (although I guess it would be funny as a weapon in the game while closed)

And just make a melee more powerful , make some bar and some breakable objects that after pressing you get a weapon saber (for example You press at the chair and you have a chair saber , lamp a lamp saber and bottle a tulipan bottle weapon XD).

It would be awesome!!!

For You there is a MrWronko's tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtn9KO0omY

It will teach you how to make the model :) . The blender is quite nice program to use. Some time and trial and error and You have model ;) It is easy believe me.

Hmm, blender, another mountain I need to climb someday...

Is there any way of doing it from Anim8or? I have experience using that before.

Some questions:

-Staff style or strong style?

-Detailed or simple model?

-Umm, strong style I think? Staff style is held horizontal at the waist isnt it?

-Simple as it gets

http://wrzucaj.net/images/2015/01/12/umbr.jpg

Like this? (textures will take more time D: and i must make the inside too.

That looks perfect, exactly what I was thinking of. :winkthumb:

Whether to texture or not would be up to you really. I personally wouldnt mind if it just used different coloured materials for the detail, but textures are fine as well if you prefer to do it that way. I just cant imagine how to properly UV map a texture to that top surface though, but I imagine Blender must have better tools for UV mapping than the piece of crap that I used for my UV mapping in conjunction with Anim8or.

It would be awesome!!!

It can actually be done in a much easier way, by making them actual lightsabers and setting g_saberPickuppableDroppedSaber to 1.

http://wrzucaj.net/images/2015/01/12/umbr.jpg

Like this? (textures will take more time D: and i must make the inside too.

Why deal with the inside part too when you can just set a cull none or cull twosided in the shader?

Just select tags and go to the tag r_hand. Then right click and there is an option to select model. Browse and find the gun or saber

Just a wild question. How the heck can you put lightsaber on model viewed in modview? :o

Hmm would You mind if I will upload it in the downloads? You will just download it like normal file :) this is very funny model so i want to share it to everybody.

Just select tags and go to the tag r_hand. Then right click and there is an option to select model. Browse and find the gun or saber

Hmm would You mind if I will upload it in the downloads? You will just download it like normal file :) this is very funny model so i want to share it to everybody.

No problem at all, feel free to upload :winkthumb:

Langerd likes this