FFA3 - Out of boredom

Downside is, if it was hosted, people would have to download it to use it.  Since it's a recompiled level you proably wouldn't get cross support between the original base ffa3 and this.  FPS wise I was stable 90 through the whole map due to the cleanup with detail brushes and fixing a few other little things. 

Is it perfect recreation, light wise?  Nope, so don't bother complaining about it. 

All this does is brings back the models that weren't working, makes the console textures show up as well as lights getting a proper glow shader.  As well as the sand now gives proper footprints and is setup with the sand shader when walked in.  It's basically just a recartion of base ffa3.  Nothing fancy or special beyond little fixes to it.  Few of the clips over the level moved back so got more areas to fight.  Since all people do is ffa with sabers, all item drops were removed and health/shield pickups placed at all major areas for ffaing/duels. 

Will I release this?  Meh I simply don't care to, and I'm not interested in releasing a map source cause people already do god awful map mods with tacky and gaudy garbage on base maps.  I wouldn't wanna fuel that crap either.

Any textures replaced such as the consoles are now in there own folder so they wouldn't conflict with base shaders or textures any either.

Now for some screenshots.

9Dzblnv.jpg

3lWmwEe.jpg

KuJsFCp.jpg

E8wXAVB.jpg

L4h25Yd.jpg

KkoqYgd.jpg

3eudyyc.jpg

55FyrPP.jpg

mzNi8Sa.jpg

Qec9B0t.jpg

ywLREE2.jpg

y4Ge91v.jpg

UkuPmWQ.jpg

XAqkL9d.jpg

9qePc9e.jpg

4Yv6Bog.jpg

VwRnH1E.jpg

Jeff likes this

Having tested it myself on map modded ffa3's and regular, it isn't.  Due to changes in the level geomytry most likely change the checksum of the map and cause the incompatibility.  Also the models fixed are also misc_model_static also and cause the cm_inline error also.  Server hosted files take prescident over base ones and because of this it wont fully work together.

41TR8oP.png

It's basically just a recartion of base ffa3.  Nothing fancy or special beyond little fixes to it. 

Will I release this? 

Meh I simply don't care to

ok... well I think there's a FFA3 version out already that has these areas fixed. I'm not sure whether it is available anymore, but I'm certain I've played on a server that had the map uploaded.

ok... well I think there's a FFA3 version out already that has these areas fixed. I'm not sure whether it is available anymore, but I'm certain I've played on a server that had the map uploaded.

I have several modded FFA3s, plus dozen of FFA3 plugins that won't work (namely because the server they were used on doesn't exist anymore) but if anyone wants them PM me. I'll be happy to share them.