Caps

So I made a model in Blender and it turned out fine at first. But now the caps are acting weird. Half the time I get  the grey missing texture thing, and other times it works fine.

9ZGte1O.png

I noticed that some caps don't have _off on them. Should they? Those were already named in the original model, so I wasn't sure. Looking at the base models, they have _off on all caps.

Yeah, make sure they have _off at at the end. Check you skin files for the texture issues.

That didn't help. Changed them all, and renamed in the skin file as well. Didn't change. I'm stumped. It's only the arms too, I think. Legs look fine.

I'm not sure what are you actually talking about but I'll take a shot (I'm newbie, so don't take it as 100% thing). If any of your meshes turns out white, it's because you either have wrong file location (for caps, in this example), you're missing the caps file OR you missed one of your cap and didn't include it in .skin file. And that is what I think has happened. If you want to fix it you would basically have to look for your missing caps surfaces in modview and write them down in .skin file.

Again, that's just a wild shot, I'm not an expert and perhaps (most likely) you know all of that and you're asking for something else. In that case I can't help you.

Done, and done. @@DT85 looked at my blend file so maybe he can fill in what he thinks the issue was.

Basically I've done everything I can think of. Apparently this issue is carried over from HS Anakin as well? That's the body I'm using.

@@mrwonko I can send you my .blend file too if you'd like.

Although the caps that the skin file points to is a shader and cannot be applied just apply any basic texture to the cap meshes in blender like say whatever your torso texture is then export, the game just doesn't see a material applied to that mesh which is more than likely the problem.

None of the meshes have a material applied. All of them say [nomaterial] in the Ghoul2 Properties. Should I still try that?