Hee... annoying patch issue...

Some time when we want make a patch... this happens :

http://wrzucaj.net/zur

And it also apears in the game... this is annoying and it looks ugly .

If you mean those 2 gaps in the patch to the right of the THIS------>

I had similar problems with patches that weren't and even XY grid size like 512x512 or 128x128... especially if i started manipulating them after I capped them. Too much movement of the vertices and things got all screwy. Can you make the outer ring the same way you made the inside one? That one looks great and it looks symmetrical ? 

Pande said it right... Model is the way to go. If you turn it into an ASE, you can set a "Number of subdivisions" low enough to remove that error automatically. Be wary though, the quality is going to increase in terms of vertex and poly count.

I don't see why they would mess up with lighting & shadows unless the LODs aren't done very well. Could be some game bug, who knows.

Not sure about you, but in my tests those type of models come out with very strange lighting on them. Sometimes they display correctly, sometimes they're completely dark, sometimes they're completely lit, often at the same time... and most importantly they don't draw any "concrete" shadow on the map, which is inevitably going to look weird if the area is not properly lit or without the "hi-res shadow trick".

Unless, of course, the lighting problems are caused by too many polygons.