SWTOR Revan Reborn Skinning Project

Hello gentlemen.

Now don't get your hopes up about this thing being released since most of it is ported material from the game SWTOR and as far as I can recall that forbids it for being uploaded onto JKHUB. That doesn't mean I can't show you nice screenies though :D

Face re-texture is done by me with help from @ for the Flesh wound texture and the chest texture is just a stand-in because frankly I have no idea how I'm going to get the tattered chestplate look SWTOR has. I am by no means a master skinner which is why I'm glad the face turned out like how it did:

revanreborn_fullshot4_zps8b48a9b7.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot3_zpsf3c865be.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot2_zpscb40b8d3.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot1_zps481df3bf.jpg

Technically, I reskinned the full skin & hair of Revan's body, and added a flesh wound and red scar. Dementous touched up on the coloring though, which is nice. Also, he added some terrific extra scars.

Also, this has been updated. A little touch-up on the armor and inc screens. :D

But Claim's model has not yet been released... or it's already out there? :o

Doesn't seem that way.

Anyways the scars need work. I mean the ones that were not part of the face texture. They are not close enough to the original ones. Perhaps it was just a WIP test but still i can do that better.

tumblr_n7bz6ugGA51tt88v8o3_500.gif

I don't recall mentioning that I was a skinner at all and while criticism is appreciated boasting about your higher skill in achieving the task, isn't. The face texture has been modified enough to say that it would be allowed a release, the mask and the rest of the items (barring the chest-piece which is from Almighty Gir's Revan as well as the modified cape which is from DT's Marajade) are another story all together. Putting it simply the final reborn version will have the following unaltered ported items: The hood, the mask, the arms, the kilt (albeit the tattered modifications), the legs and the hands.

Checking for clarification on this @@Circa but even if it isn't allowed I still enjoy showing people what I've been doing especially after devoting a significant amount of time to bring it to fruition.

And to answer your confusion @@Dumah 11523 I pmed Claim on the MB2 forums about the model saying I wanted to add some modifications to it and he granted my request. The only publicly released ported SWTOR model of his so far is Darth Malgus.

Additional @@ShenLong Kazama:

I noticed you post this on Lt. Claim's topic: 

"The Revan model looks great, a Revan Reborn version would also be pretty neat. Are gonna release them in January?"

There's a reason I'm attempting to do this myself rather than asking Claim to bring across the ported version. The way you port SWTOR models is with specific tools but they don't actually show the names of what has been ported, instead a hashlist needs to be consulted to decipher what each thing means. Now if iirc Lt. Claim said he had an outdated version of this meaning things in the SoR expansion aren't catalogued. So unless he wants to do an excruciating game of finding the needle in the haystack, custom efforts will have to do for now.

@@RevanKnight Definitely don't can your attempt! If you desire we could work together but it's up to you. For one yours has a muuuch more significant chance of being released publicly due to the pieces of the frankenstein being taken from other custom models made FOR JKA.

@@Milamber Unfortunately no, that's just how the kilt deforms at the moment. Unless some more high resolution textures were able to be applied it'll be stuck looking like that due to it just being textures on a flat surface. Probably not helped by the fact it has holes in it :P

Regardless of it possessing ported material, it has all served to further the progression of this reborn Revan model's accuracy. It has come far and well beyond any of your abilities. Criticism where it is due is acceptable, but if you're going to complain about ported material despite it being the best resource with which anyone courageous willing to take some time to make a detailed reborn Revan can use, then perhaps no one here who has let their judgment been decided by this inconsequential aspect deserves this model's distribution, showcasing, or the right to pass their judgment at all. We are not modelers, and likely never will have the chance to become fully accomplished in that skill, but we strive to make only dream-like wonders happen, and this is what it takes for us to achieve this goal. This is what it takes for us to make what no one else can, what no one else will, what no one else cares about. Anyone ignorant enough to disregard the passion and effort required to bring this to fruition from the likes of restricted dreamers like us shouldn't really post here at all if your only argument is that it's sinful just because it's ported material. You're free to try and do better, but it's clear that you can't or won't until you're (not going to mention any names, as obvious as some of them are) provoked by this pointlessly driven ignorance or ego in your quest to defile our efforts--but once again, it's extremely probable that you won't.

Speaking of ignorance and ego-- @@ShenLong Kazama, I suggest you reconsider what you posted. The scars were done quite well, even for a person whose skill in texturing is not primary--in fact, it has only surfaced recently. The same can be said for my efforts. We combined to bring about accuracy and if you feel like playing this game--probably like your .gif incited by overinflated ego suggested--I think your efforts are inaccurate in comparison to ours.

78itPhj.jpg

@@Langerd, @@Milamber, @@RevanKnight, @@JAWSFreelao, your inspiration, encouragement, creativity, and critiques are well received and well appreciated. We'll do our best to accommodate all of your thoughts on what we've worked on to whatever lengths our ability will allow us. I'll take more time analyzing your responses and doing what I can to accommodate them, and once it is done, I'll post a screen or more. Thanks to all four of you and anyone else who understands and appreciates our ambitions. ;)

Enough of the name calling. Let's keep the topic related to the project and not who can do better at what. If you think you can do better, start your own WIP topic and show us, but don't bash other people's work, even if they are ported models. I'm fairly certain these are strictly texture projects anyway.

[red]Any further digressions that are meant to be hurtful will be removed. Please stay on topic or this thread will be locked.[/red]

@@Milamber Unfortunately no, that's just how the kilt deforms at the moment. Unless some more high resolution textures were able to be applied it'll be stuck looking like that due to it just being textures on a flat surface. Probably not helped by the fact it has holes in it :P

Well the models unwrapped in the root anim pose, so in the root pose in modview the textures should not look deformed like that, so the vertical stretch on the ring is probably happening either because it has been implemented with a stretch, or the original models uv's are bad and causing a stretch, either way you can manually improve it a bit I'd say, give it a try?