Massassi Temple

Messing around with the _skybox and suffice to say who needs to do an outside area when I can create a little section off the map to handle the outside detail before hitting the skybox.  Little more tweaking and it'll be perfect.  Also, is that other massassi temples I see in the background?

KTgjBlT.jpg

7BxeYFw.jpg

Best part is it scales beautifully with each map area so as you go up in the temple it scales the area around it so on the lower levels you see more of the ground and the higher up you go the more of the mountain region and temple backdrop is viewable.  Talk about immersion.  The best part about this also is, no drops in fps either.

It's not meant to lead anywhere.  That represents door locked, in jedi outcast yavin_temple it had the same thing over the door to the outside area till you hit the cutscene with luke then it turned green.  There will be no outside area or partial outside area.  Not worth the time or energy to map.  Basis of the map is interior of the temple itself.  I added the _skybox to cover the immersion factor of being able to see some kind of exterior outside but no it's not accessible, it's just there for looks.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

It's not meant to lead anywhere.  That represents door locked, in jedi outcast yavin_temple it had the same thing over the door to the outside area till you hit the cutscene with luke then it turned green.  There will be no outside area or partial outside area.  Not worth the time or energy to map.  Basis of the map is interior of the temple itself.  I added the _skybox to cover the immersion factor of being able to see some kind of exterior outside but no it's not accessible, it's just there for looks.

Ah okay. The skybox looks terrific in any case.

The only other weird thing I noticed was the viewing room in the audience chamber. If you go into the audience chamber, go into the door to the left (the right one has the elevator up to the top) and turn on the viewing screen located there, the viewscreen goes really strange, similar to the effect you get if you try to noclip through a wall that leads to nowhere. (this was with the earlier version posted in this thread, so maybe it was fixed later on?)

In the ceremony hall in the final version I moved it up top into the command center and moved it out enough so it no longer clips through the wall viewing the door to the yavin_trial area.  Try the newest version out and let me know what you think of it, it's link is up on the jkhub now.

BruceJohnJenner likes this

Thanks to jawa, found a tiny little bug with the fighting droids in npc spawner that crashes the server, but thankfully the remote still works fine.  Took out the weapon fighting bots and because of that the download size has dropped down some.  Shouldn't have anymore crashing issues.  Enjoy!

In the ceremony hall in the final version I moved it up top into the command center and moved it out enough so it no longer clips through the wall viewing the door to the yavin_trial area.  Try the newest version out and let me know what you think of it, it's link is up on the jkhub now.

Ah okay, I tried the new version.

The view screen seems to be clipping out less, but I still dont understand what it is supposed to represent. All I see is a black void with one of the doors sliding in and out.

Also there seems to be a minor bug with the dueling room, when you go upstairs above it to the room with the glass floor & the four buttons, the back two cause some sort of "keyword not recognize" message to get printed on screen when they are activated. Was this the bug found earlier? It didnt crash for me, but it didnt sound good either.

Where are the buttons that control the music? I didnt see them in my walkthrough.

On a bit of a far out note, could it maybe be possible for a map like this to act as a sort of in-game hub? It would be really cool if when a particular console is activated, it runs a console command like "exec mission_start", and the file mission_start.cfg contains the commands to start a single player map, ie "map sp_mission".

If you can provide some screenshots of the bugs and issues you are running into, makes it easier for me to find them so I can correct or fix them.

Music buttons are in the command center above the ceremony hall towards the top of the temple, walk into the room from the elevator and to the right you should see 3 models that contain the triggers.

I recently put out a v2, not sure if your refering to the first version I released or the new one, of the map that removed the shadowtrooper npcs from the bot room due to the saber shadowtroopers I setup being able to crash a server when spawned.  As for the camera screen in the command center it's designed to view the door to the yavin_trial area and the only way to open that room is to press the switch in that room.  This is so that people need another person to open the door to access that area since it's designed to be a trial area.  I haven't had an issue with seeing a black void when the door is opened so I'm not sure if that issue is on your end or others but screenshots of any problems you are running into would make it easier for me to find.

As for putting in a hub on the map that's not going to happen.  You would have just about anyone who wanted to running into whatever trigger they want and forcing a server map change when ever they wanted.  I wouldn't wanna give "trolls" and people who cause issues that kind of power to just force a map change at any time they wanted.  It would just annoy people.  Not to mention maps full of npc spawns and vehicle spawns as well as scripts on single player maps have a greater potential to crash a server at random.

As for putting in a hub on the map that's not going to happen.  You would have just about anyone who wanted to running into whatever trigger they want and forcing a server map change when ever they wanted.  I wouldn't wanna give "trolls" and people who cause issues that kind of power to just force a map change at any time they wanted.  It would just annoy people.  Not to mention maps full of npc spawns and vehicle spawns as well as scripts on single player maps have a greater potential to crash a server at random.

I wasnt thinking for a multiplayer server (and yes this would be a very bad idea for that lol). I was thinking that it could be a really cool idea for single player, so that players could wander around the academy before going to the hangar bay to go to their mission. Basically, can you create a console in the hangar that runs the command "exec hangar_console" when its activated? That way a user could start a custom single player mission from the hangar without needing to use the console. (Maybe the single player game could eventually be tinkered with so that it does this in between missions, then going to the console in the hangar starts the mission selection menu!)

The custom command doesnt need to have any impact on multiplayer server use, the hangar_console.cfg file on the server can be left blank (or something harmless like helpusobi 0)

I'm not interested in doing any such thing for SP.  Personally, less there is a bug, missing textures, etc on the map itself I don't want to work on the level anymore.  I want to be done with it and to move onto working on the next map I want to do.  So if you have any screenshots or video footage of issues on the most recent version or copy, feel free to post them so I can get a good visual of what the bugs or issues are.

• 2 weeks later...

2S3Em4B.jpg

4mEFbuC.jpg

Why not have an academy shuttle you can walk in.  Considering adding in duel6 but that means tweaking the _skybox a little.  It's already at a size where it can clip out the distance but some tweaking might take care of all the issues.

Also, moving clouds.  Still needs work thought due to the distance clipping.

bG6JZ8G.jpg

Bek and Circa like this

Finally managed to hit it.  Map hit a size it wont compile now due to lots of entity usage.  So no outside area but the academy shuttle and few other little bugs and the clouds.  Plus going to setup a night time version of the map which basically will mean in any area with windows you'll see a night sky.

Attempted an outside area and this is what I ran into.  The border of the _skybox.

Ikixpjo.jpg

7XRcEgH.jpg

L7Xzpgz.jpg

Only way such an area would function would be removing the whole backdrop aka the _skybox.  Also it's causing an issue with the said _skybox randomly spawning trees in the hangar which is nothing short of annoying.  So there wont be an outside area, but I will setup a night time version of the map to go with the little bug fixes and the functioning academy shuttle.

Also being in the 4000 mark for entities the map is more or less bled dry in terms of the amount of content it has already.  The _skybox is not a solid model or clipped so you would just walk through it.

i tryed the Pyramidal map of massassi temple and is really nice! I love the enter statues and the mix between kotor and a new hope ambientation. i watch all six section of the map, the radar on the roof, the control room, the living rooms, the training rooms, the hangear and the underground hall. it's really a good map with a huge and strong works! :D i like the pyramidal structure :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some more small fixes.  Tweaked lighting in the archives a little since there was a dark spot on one of the archives as well as a dark spot behind the chandiler.  As well as fixed it so now there is proper lighting on the main lifts bottom, the lift that goes up all 3 floors.  Now though it instead starts on the 3rd floor by default.

yDxa2iG.jpg

I also added in wooden men that can be spawned in the yavin_final area.  Functionality is a simulated ffa setting with targets spread out over an area where everyone is moving, the dolls don't move but also using them as a means to avoid taking damage from other players.

5OMvphR.jpg

VdH5w9E.jpg

There is now a physics clip which can be turned on via a switch in the yavin_final area.  This functions as a door and basically is there to keep people out of the yavin_final if you need the room isolated for specific things such as trials and events.

EiOjDVh.jpg

NFHRWBX.jpg

DarthStiv, Asgarath83 and Ramikad like this

I have no intent to release another map update at least till after the new year, between the time frame just going to crush bugs and so forth plus I'm sure the jkhub admins would appreciate not having to update another version for a while

Some more content I managed to squeeze out in the mean time.

Can now spawn and hide council room chairs in the ceremony hall.  Scaled only for the yoda model size and the default model size.  Anything in between might make you look to big for small for certain seats.  Beyond that there is a total of 19 council chairs.  4 small ones, 15 standard ones.  The spawn around the center stone block in the ceremony hall as well as are not clipped, this is so people can use the amsit and amsit2 emotes/animations on the chairs.  To spawn them push the switch up on the ledge at the end of the ceremony hall.  The council chairs are all under a single model rotated and setup in 3ds max.  This bypasses the need for having to use up a lot of map entity's.  The level is currently at 4095 entity's, so if I add 1 more entity of any kind to either the night or day map version it will not compile in any way, shape, or form.

Qlrw1yN.jpg

QvzkIa1.jpg

PUrj8r6.jpg

9AVK97W.jpg

SbqeLJQ.jpg

RSe5LbP.jpg

Because of the fact the room can now double up as a council room as well the main door has a switch next to it to lock the entrance and the elevator up to the roof off so the room can't be invaded by people should the council chairs need to be used for anything.  Like yavin_final area it is just a wall of physics clip.  Also all player spawns in the room itself now are just moved down to the second floor so people can't randomly spawn in the room if you have to ues the room for more personal stuff, more or less.

sXiKnE6.jpg

7icKZsb.jpg

i55nRz8.jpg

Ramikad likes this

Nice work!

The level is currently at 4095 entity's, so if I add 1 more entity of any kind to either the night or day map version it will not compile in any way, shape, or form.

I'm not sure if it would work, but if you feel heroic you could try and "cheat" the Radiant putting a part of the map as a misc_bsp. Not sure if it will count the entities within the misc_bsp towards the limit, though.