Dariannt's Maps I am working on right now

A Jedi Enclave/Militia Academy Map I am working on (Haven't Given it a name yet) I am working on the FFA and Duel version at same time.

Entrance Of Temple:

uFBwocI.jpg

Tiny Version of Graveyard(This is for the Duel Version of map) :

qY8Qdyx.jpg

Entrance of Temple: 

qNaACUw.jpg

Inside OF temple (These may not be the same textures on the inside when I am done):

ZtRbdh6.jpg

Inside of temple door exit:

9bpVzoP.jpg

z3filus and Bek like this

In the first image make the stone floor grassy texture only on the bottom. Then, re-texture those parts with your grass texture. That't look a bit neater. I'd also add some elevation to the grassy areas. You can use this method here and it works really well. http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/92-hand-shaped-terrain/page-2.  

I'd re-do the temple front cause its kinda flat. Take whatever idea you have in your head for the temple and then take a peek at google images for temples. See what you like, what you don't like, and what your vision for your temple is, and try to work it all together.

Please notethat the grassy areas are ment to be flat I will have other places in the map like this. the enclave/militia/graveyard area was flattened before the Builders built it.

Also I can't get the wavy/see through effect for the water.

cRYJYBH.jpg

s9twu0H.jpg

V22QR4x.jpg

Another thing the temple is not even close to being done I have much in mind trust me, this will take a while. Just thought I should share.

Ramikad likes this

I'd say grab a pencil and paper and draw some scenes! :)

I'm currently mapping too, and noticed it's sometimes best to stop working on radiant and think about what techniques and designs you like to use. When you have a design that goes from teacup to mountain you get great maps :)

I'm currently making a design for a forest so I have to design the floor plants, small ferns, bushes, small trees and big trees for example :P

ofc that's modeling and photoshopping mostly, but the same applies to architecture.

To make it look more impressive, keep the front wall flat.  Or add some detail to itas IrocJeff suggested.

are those hologram bases final? Instead of brown rock, you could use the flag_base , see image below.

flag_base.jpg

And Im sorry for an off topic question; that standing animation looks cool, where can I get it from?