Lesser known JA Commands (SP)

So I was busy reverse engineering JA's SP and I found some codes that might interest you.

- give eweaps - Gives all weapons (including melee, stun baton, ATST side guns and ATST main cannon)

- spawn -> Unknown? does the same as /npc spawn

- NPCdrive -> No idea. Seems broken. I THINK it's supposed to make NPCs drive objects, but seems out of date.

- fx -> Plays a single efx

- nextframe / prevframe -> unknown, just prints "frame 1", "frame 2", etc

- nextskin / prevskin -> same as above, don't appear to do anything

- where -> prints coordinates on screen

- viewpos -> prints view position on screen

- tcmd -> No idea. Sends a "gc" command to what you're pointing at, which doesn't do anything in SP.

- cam_enable / cam_disable -> Enables / disables cinematic letterboxing. Glitches the game slightly.

- zoom - Toggles electrobinoculars. Does work.

- la_zoom - Broken. Is meant to toggle light amplification goggles, which have no shader in JA.

I'm going to document these next two commands separately, as they are very handy for map makers.

- writecam -> Creates a ref_tag at your current spot. Arg 1 = cam name

- flushcam -> Writes all ref_tags that you have created to a separate .map file, which can be combined with your current .map file for a map.

The above two are super handy (I think) for map-makers, as they do all the work for you (and in such an awesome way I mighty add)

Link likes this

Hey...these are VERY useful! Especially those add cam commands. I think the spawn command spawns an entity from radient like 'spawn misc_exploding_crate'. Unfortunately, once you spawn the entity, I cant find a way to change it's properties, like if you spawn an fx_runner you can't do anything with it because you cant give it an fxfile to use.

• 8 months later...

One does not simply learn the ways of reverse code engineering without knowing the way of forward code engineering ;)

My only fear is that this knowledge would get into the wrong hands, which is why we have a secret coding forum, I guess.

What would

My only fear is that this knowledge would get into the wrong hands, which is why we have a secret coding forum, I guess.

What would someone do that would be so so bad with this information that warrants it being hidden from other's learning it? Pretty impressive that things have been done I thought simply not possible and I was wondering - la_zoom - Broken. Is meant to toggle light amplification goggles, which have no shader in JA. - what shader/ files do I need to replace them and could I get them from jk2's demo?

What would

What would someone do that would be so so bad with this information that warrants it being hidden from other's learning it? Pretty impressive that things have been done I thought simply not possible and I was wondering - la_zoom - Broken. Is meant to toggle light amplification goggles, which have no shader in JA. - what shader/ files do I need to replace them and could I get them from jk2's demo?

Hacking people's mods, for starters.

I tried a while ago to fix the LA goggles, but there's something in the engine which disables them. Also for some reason they broke the bacta. :/

EDIT: And if you must insist, my public repos are always on Google Code. I just ask that people follow the general guidelines of the GPL when using code from it, unless you ask for permission. Thanks. Here's the relevant ones that you're probably looking for:

http://code.google.com/p/jk2-hd/       - JK2: HD

http://code.google.com/p/jedi-academy-singleplayer-proxy/         - OLD version of the SP stuff. May still be working, but I have no idea.

http://code.google.com/p/jamod-plus-plugins/      - JAMod / Unfinished

Mandalorian likes this

So I was busy reverse engineering JA's SP and I found some codes that might interest you.

- spawn -> Unknown? does the same as /npc spawn

this Actually for entity spawn, you can spawn NPC's cos they are entities, but you can also spawn everything else with it.

Yes it does work, and it WOULD make NPC spawn useless if someone found out how to give values to the spawn command.

npc spawn ID name  is nothing compared to spawn NPC_KYLE  witch allows to disable Ai, make NPC a cinematic one, or fully script their AI. No one know how to do it though, so you can only spawn an default entity.

I wish someone knew how to effect the entity's properties when you spawn something using the spawn command. Like "spawn fx_runner" does nothing because no one knows how to specify a targetname of an fxfile for it to use.

Could you imagine the possibilities if someone figured out how to use the SPAWN command correctly? You could spawn any effect, make new triggers, in essence, it would be like a legit makermod for SP.

Mandalorian likes this

I wish someone knew how to effect the entity's properties when you spawn something using the spawn command. Like "spawn fx_runner" does nothing because no one knows how to specify a targetname of an fxfile for it to use.

Could you imagine the possibilities if someone figured out how to use the SPAWN command correctly? You could spawn any effect, make new triggers, in essence, it would be like a legit makermod for SP.

Now that we have the SDK, it doesn't seem like it would be to hard to figure out how to correctly use /spawn.

Also, I looked into that broken NPCdrive command, and it looks like the actual drive part was commented out:

// TEMPORARY! BRING BACK LATER!!!
//G_DriveVehicle( found, NULL, gi.argv(2) );
therfiles likes this

Another cvar I just recently learned I never knew: "setsaberstyle (ss_stylenamehere)"

It's very useful. It takes away whatever styles you currently have and sets you to the style you choose. It'll even fix your bugged styles after using "setforceall x".

I use a key bind for some of my sabers like this:

"bind f1 saber gray; setsaberstyle medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle strong"

That way if I switch between a couple of different sabers I don't a bugged saber cycle. This resets them and gives me the styles I want.