Invisible parts on advanced shapes - Mapping

Go to solution Solved by Boothand,

Actually, what version of GtkRadiant do you use? 1.6 tends to have a bunch of nonsense bugs, causing all kinds of faulty brushes. Does it happen every time you make the brush? Tried using the brush cleanup tool?

In 1.5, making cylinders turns out well for me, as far as I can remember.

NumberWan likes this

Using cylinders and bending them sometimes help. There is also a square cylinder, but keep in mind, that some textures look ugly on these.

In some cases I used thicken option for some of the bevels, and it also created wonderful shapes. Bugs do appear sometimes, but not when you are close enough.

I know the texture sucks. It's just test texture. I use gtk radiant 1.4. The way I create a cylinder is simple: create a box and click Brush tab; arbitary sided... and set 24( maybe too much)
This is how it looks in radiant:
https://jkhub.org/images/GmCkMun.jpg
What does brush cleanup do?
I'm sry for being noobish but I have radiant for just 2 weeks. I'm not yet familiar with it's all options
I know very much of entities though thanks to lugormod, however 3D modelling is not my best side.

Brush cleanup removes invalid brushes. Save before you use it, and you're totally safe though. I don't know the state of GtkRadiant 1.4 that well.

In any case, I would go for a smaller number of sides, maybe 8-10.

Most of the time when bugs like that appear, you should just remake the brush and see if it happens again. In some cases, I've got bugs when rotating certain brushes freely (with the Rotate tool). Once again, I'd just have to remake it and try again, and it should work.

I know the texture sucks. It's just test texture. I use gtk radiant 1.4. The way I create a cylinder is simple: create a box and click Brush tab; arbitary sided... and set 24( maybe too much)

Don't you ever use brushes for round stuff! That's what patches are there for.