Some model requests

^^What, you don't like it when Shark's use toothpaste and forget to rinse?

Will the shark attack people like the wampa and rancor npcs do? If so, I'll spawn 100s and make them eat rosh

And I wonder what they'll do on land.  Flop around uselessly, or maybe they'll act more like swoops.

Bane_Ross, Omicron and Boothand like this

JKG Developer

^^What, you don't like it when Shark's use toothpaste and forget to rinse?

And I wonder what they'll do on land.  Flop around uselessly, or maybe they'll act more like swoops.

I was thinking they would be more like x-wings.

lol. This thread is amazing on two distinct levels...

1) I am so happy to see people work together to get a shark into Jedi Academy. Good suggestions, good reception of modifications, the model really taking shape.

2) I could not imagine at all how, even if the shark was animated and rigged perfectly, it would work in a game like Jedi Academy... but the ideas are amazing... You could jump the shark or the shark could force jump you... Swoop, flying sharks, floating sharks, swimming sharks, walking sharks. This is so amazing.

Boothand likes this

2) I could not imagine at all how, even if the shark was animated and rigged perfectly, it would work in a game like Jedi Academy... but the ideas are amazing... You could jump the shark or the shark could force jump you... Swoop, flying sharks, floating sharks, swimming sharks, walking sharks. This is so amazing.

sharks-sharks-everywhere-y1idny.jpg

JKG Developer

Just some testing within 3ds Max:

34j6bt5.png

I conformed the lower poly mesh to the first subdivision, while adding a few loops here and there. So this has tail bones, spine bones, side fin bones and a head bone along with a jaw bone. Going to see how annoying it will be to get a CAT rig into JKA, then I'll worry about actual animations. :P

Omicron, Boothand and Barricade24 like this