General Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Why without the colon specifically?

Colon doesn't make sense here. "HD" is not a title, it's sort of an identifier. Just like you don't put a colon before a version number, you don't put one before "HD" neither. I found it weird that JK2: HD had it.

I used the colon to specify that it was a sort of spinoff, or different version entirely. Really though, the names JK2: HD, JK: Remastered, etc don't really capture the true point of this mod or the mods before it. The point wasn't just to simply improve the graphics, but improve the feel of the game as well. My thoughts immediately went to AoE2 HD/The Forgotten expansion pack, which, in addition to adding some higher resolution modes and some improved sprites, also added in a number of new gameplay features including the ability to stream to Twitch (this would be a nice option to add for this mod, but not right now).

So my point is, perhaps we ought to stray away from simple names such as "HD" or "Remastered" or "Improved". It's not simply an alteration of the graphics, but something more beyond that, with tons of optional gameplay adjustments, custom games, a new mission or two for each game, etc.

Omicron and Circa like this