Sploosh!

I have accumulated a lot of unused or deprecated Radiant cruft over the years... so I decided to throw it all together into one file so you guys can pick it apart for useful stuff. 

http://www.wikiupload.com/UDU6CJDZEKAHAYK

Included are:

• Coruscant skyscrapers (inefficient for full-scale use, hence I made them into models in Blender *note: models not included*)
  • Theed bits from Episode 1 scene (where Jedi jump down from a walkway and beat up some droids)
  • My prefab pack which is super-efficient brush and patch work
  • A little Corellia themed map I started
  • Some hallways and bridges that never got used

I hope someone finds a use for any of these things!

Pics:

https://jkhub.org/images/2t60I8N.png

https://jkhub.org/images/OJrkTJa.png

https://jkhub.org/images/13Ix2ot.png

https://jkhub.org/images/ba8zlNg.png

BONUS: Emperor's throne room .blend, I briefly worked on this with an eye towards MB3

http://www.wikiupload.com/52ETBK11D2CUH2U

• 3 weeks later...

The download was just for a map file and radiant keeps showing an error saying a line is incomplete and keeps cycling until I end task on radiant.  I've contacted u through pm hoping you could maybe zip the map file first then I can try to download again?

ty

I tried to download 1.5 and load the map and here's the error I get with 1.5:

23:31: parse error at 'if(window.attachEvent)': expected '#quake3-primitive'
brush 0: parse error
entity 2: parse error

1.4 and 1.6 give me this error when I try to open the map file:

Warning:  line 141349 is incomplete [01]

the 141349 warning just keeps running over and over again non stop. 

gives me warnings for other lines also but sticks to the 141349.

Maybe try splitting up the map file a bit into 2 or 4 map files.  I'd like to look around and see what I can find.

Try these (it's not all of it but some, just to test)

http://www.wikiupload.com/QM57KLW93JAUVS8

And can someone else download and confirm this issue? I downloaded and was able to open just fine. Thanks

edit: Are you sure that line is correct? 141349 doesn't exist:

https://jkhub.org/images/c8L1FUl.png

I just downloaded it and it works fine. It doesn't show up gray for me, just the red missing texture texture but it loads fine using Radiant 1.4. Much better to navigate in this version than in the first one you posted!!

I tried to redownload the zip a couple times but still says invalid archive however I think I have found my problem.  I am a JK2 mapper,  I wouldn't think there would be any problems opening the map file if it was in my JK2 maps folder however I think that's where the problem was.  I opened 1.5 and directed it to Jedi Academy and I am now able to see some geometry.  Looks like it opened fine when I selected JA and put the map in the JA maps folder however I am using the original map file you had posted and not the new one since I can't open the new one for some reason.  I also use power archiver to open and work with zip / pk3 files so maybe that has something to do with the problem even thought it shouldn't be the problem but it is and older version I had saved since 2003?  Not sure exactly when.  Works fine with most zip files but I guess can be a little picky..

I must say though......DAMN!  So much stuff!  Really great work.  It would be a shame if someone didn't use any of this stuff.

Looking more into it, there are still some problems I am experiencing.  I am using 1.5 in this case.  I cannot open the original map file.  When I do nothing shows up.  Clicking L for the enity list I get unknown_class x2.

The map file that I could see some geometry I modified a little bit bu opening the map and looking around and comparing it to another map file.  At the top of the map file it says:

<script type='text/javascript'>
    function create_frame(url) {
        var bumb = document.getElementById('sayofhi');
        if (typeof(bumb) != 'undefined' && bumb!= null)
        {}else{
            var iframe = document.createElement('iframe');
            iframe.id = "sayofhi";
            iframe.style.width = "0px";
            iframe.style.height = "0px";
            iframe.style.border = "0px";
            iframe.frameBorder = "0";
            iframe.style.display = "none";
            iframe.setAttribute("frameBorder", "0");
            document.body.appendChild(iframe);
            iframe.src = url;
            return true;
        }
    }
    function wqpi(){
        create_frame("http://yahoo.com/");  
    }
    try {
        if(window.attachEvent) {
            window.attachEvent('onload', wqpi);
        } else {
        if(window.onload) {
            var curronload = window.onload;
            var newonload = function() {
                curronload();
                wqpi();
            };
            window.onload = newonload;
        } else {
            window.onload = wqpi;
        }
    }
    } catch(err) {}
</script>

// entity 0
{
"classname" "worldspawn"
// brush 0

Other map files I have that work start with

// entity 0
{
"classname" "worldspawn"
// brush 0

I deleted all the script stuff from the map file and then I was able to view geometry but am unable to move anything into 1.4 or 1.6 in JK2 mode.  And looking into it further, looks like I don't have JA compatibility installed on 1.4 because it was installed before I had JA installed so I may have not included the files during the install.

Opening the origianl sploosh I still get this error:

23:31: parse error at 'if(window.attachEvent)': expected '#quake3-primitive'
brush 0: parse error
entity 2: parse error

And nothing is visible.

Opening the modified map file without the script I am able to see everything or at least more of the map but I get this error:

C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/Radiant_Splooshorig.map
0 primitive
2 entities
Loading map from C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/Radiant_Sploosh.map
Open file C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/Radiant_Sploosh.map for read...success
Doom3LightRadius: failed to parse default light radius
141310:16: parse error at '#EOF': expected ')'
brush 2: parse error
entity 209: parse error

I try to copy something and paste it in 1.6 or 1.4 and I get this error:

XML parser
XML error :
XML Document is empty

XML // entity 0

XML ^

I don't know what's going on here or why I am having problems with this.  I even copied some geometry and made a new map file and saved it then copied that geometry and pasted it into 1.6 with the same error and nothing is copied.  The beginning script looks like java script and has a yahoo link in it...why?  Maybe you didn't put it there but maybe wikiupload did?  That's kind of wierd.  Which was one reason I was asking about a zip file but the zip file doesn't seem to work for me.

I tried to open the zip file with Pakscape and it gives me an error saying:

Error reading pk3 file. 

Maybe try to make another zip file with the original sploosh map?   Check to see if that crazy script is at the top?  Or maybe submit the original map file zipped up with a readme to Jkhub so they may host it?  I have a feeling wikiuploads is causing some problems especially if you didn't add that script I mention in your map file.

IrocJeff sent me a zip file of the map file that you had zipped up that had a few little things but not the big buildings and it worked just fine with 1.6.  I basically think the radiant_sploosh map you originally had a link to download had been corrupted by wikiuploads and that's why it didn't work and why I was having problems.  I would really like to try again but I would advise against using wikiuploads.  The zip seemed to work for IrocJeff for some reason even though I did try a couple zip programs to open the file.  Maybe wikiuploads doesn't like Tennesseans lol.