[Request] Oppo Rancisis - Static Object?

Hi, I have a somewhat unusual request for our community modellers.

My direct experience with modelling is limited, but the impression I get is that for a talented modeller, the actual modelling of a new character mesh is comparatively straightforward next to the task of animating a model, ensuring it avoids clipping, weighing it, rigging it to a skeleton, etc. So I was wondering if I might prevail on someone to fulfill this request.

Over the years we've pretty much had every prequel Jedi created for JKA. @@Psyk0Sith 's recent Pablo Jill submission actually leaves us with one sole Jedi Council member from the films unaccounted for in the game. Master Oppo Rancisis:

Thisspiasian.jpg

No surprise there, he's an odd-looking fellow. And given that he has a great serpentine tail in place of a pair of humanoid legs, his inclusion as a player model in JKA is never going to happen. It would require too much work getting him to work smoothly with animations (think the Hutt model) for too little gain. Even if the old guy can apparently kick ass when called upon:

0eaa26410331e1dad02885fead801510.jpg

But would a modeller on the forums consider creating this Jedi as a static object, for use by mappers (in terms of function, he'd basically be a piece of furniture, heh) and machinima-makers (this being where my personal interest lies). It would be nice to be able to round off the full roster of the Jedi Council across the prequel era with this last missing character.

He wouldn't need to be animated at all - simply posed in the same position as featured in the picture above, minus the chair.

I am not sure, that all of the Jedi Council members have been created... I haven't seen Yaddle, the new model. Some notable members of the Jedi Order (though not being on the Council) also don't have the models.

In any case Oppo Rancisis is a good addition, but I agree that it would most likely be a static object. The animation for him would be different anyways. I presume, that you want Oppo sitting in his chair in the Council, when his tail is around him (unlike when he walks). :)

I hope someone would help here.

I am not sure, that all of the Jedi Council members have been created... I haven't seen Yaddle, the new model. Some notable members of the Jedi Order (though not being on the Council) also don't have the models.

In any case Oppo Rancisis is a good addition, but I agree that it would most likely be a static object. The animation for him would be different anyways. I presume, that you want Oppo sitting in his chair in the Council, when his tail is around him (unlike when he walks). :)

I hope someone would help here.

Yaddle and Even Piell don't have models, but they do exist as Yoda reskins. The Yaddle one is pretty actually good: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Yaddle_Remastered;98661

And yes, the animations for Rancisis would be too much work for too little gain, so I don't expect a fully rigged model for him to ever materialise. As for which pose to have him in - sat down with his tail curled around him would be ideal, yes. Though having the chair as part of the model wouldn't be necessary, to allow mappers to use him with more flexibility (i.e. they can choose to place him on Council chair, or on a meditation pad, etc).

• 4 weeks later...