Sand Skiff Vehicle

I got an idea for an awesome vehicle, but lack the modeling skills needed to create it...  Anyways, it's just the sand skiff featured in Star Wars Battlefront.  I understand that it may be extremely difficult to get the vehicle working in game, but I can deal with that if anyone is willing to make the model for it.  They may have to work the same way that the hoverboard mod did, by overwriting the swoop bike sitting animation with a standing one.  Anyways, below is a link to the hoverboard mod for those who haven't seen it yet, and some images of the Star Wars Battlefront sand skiff.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Hoverboard;76010

Bantha-II.png

1094232257.jpg

Star-wars-battlefront-4.jpg

Bek likes this

I might give this a shot later/tomorrow but I wont include the guns as you cant have more than one player operating a vehicle in Jedi Academy , atleast as far as I know

You can have multiple people in a vehicle at once, but I'm pretty sure they can only be passengers...  It would be nice if someone could edit the source code to have vehicles function a more like those in Star Wars Battlefront or Halo.

@@AshuraDX - While I can not tell if you actually CAN operate a vehicle with more than two players. It was surely meant to be so. So it just might be worth a try.

For some reason I can't find it. But the the official .veh file for the Millennium Falcon , which was cut from the game, had two player accessible turrets. I'll search for it a little more, and if I find it I'll post you exact lines used in here. 

Of course it is possible, that the text in the *.veh file is just an unimplemented feature, and it doesn't work.

For some reason I can't find it. But the the official .veh file for the Millennium Falcon , which was cut from the game, had two player accessible turrets. I'll search for it a little more, and if I find it I'll post you exact lines used in here. 

Of course it is possible, that the text in the *.veh file is just an unimplemented feature, and it doesn't work.

There are so many special functions that can be added to Jedi Academy vehicles that most people don't really know about.  You can definitely add passengers, and auto-turrets, but I'm not sure if the player accessible ones work.  I personally have never tried adding them, but I have got auto-turrets and passengers working...  Also, you can use the "astromech droid" function to add humanoid NPCs.

@@AshuraDX  You could probably add some astromech droid tags, like in the Arc-170, V-wing, X-wing, etc, where the turret operators would be standing, and then make the turrets into auto-turrets, like in the Y-wing or Millennium Falcon.

RancorSNP likes this

@@Vegeta - Great idea! I would have never came up with this!

Still it would be worth just trying these :

Since I couldn't find falcon, I searched if other vehs were supposed to have player accessible turrets. Turs out Lambda shuttle had, but they // them. 

Most probably that means, they are not implemented, but someone could check it in the code (I don't have access to it from this computer :( )

//turret 1
//turret1Weap rebel_laser
//turret1Delay 250
//turret1AmmoMax 40
//turret1AmmoRechargeMS 500
//turret1PitchBone r_turret_bone
//turret1PitchAxis 2
//turret1ClampPitchU -80
//turret1ClampPitchD 0
//turret1Muzzle1 5
//turret1Muzzle2 6
//turret1TurnSpeed 10
//turret1PassengerNum 1
//turret1GunnerViewTag "*turretview_r"

Nice!  It's looking really good now, and definitely has a much higher level of detail than the Star Wars Battlefront version.  The lower back end of it seems to be a bit too square, just in my opinion though.

Oh, I see.  After closer examination of multiple other images of the skiff, I noticed that squarish back in them too.

I also found this.

skiff.jpg

The textures used on this one seem pretty good for reference.

• 2 weeks later...