Problems submitting a file

Submitting a file to maps/Mixed game types I encountered a problem or 2.

I tried to upload the 30mb file.  It showed me an upload bar then looked like the upload completed.  When I submitted the fie it gave me an error and returned me back to the submission page without the file listed in the location.

I tried the alternative way to upload a file, clicked attach file and after a few minutes where the file should be listed is a blank white rectangular bar.  Submitting that didn't work.

The only thing that worked was linking to the file on my Google drive.  I have only started using my Google drive recently adn don't know if it will be around forever etc.  I would like it to be hosted here on JKHub which may prove a little more consistent if that's a possibility

Also, submitting pictures worked fine however I had to delete one or 2 to get one I wanted to show up as the main picture.  I couldn't move them around and kinda seemed a little random on which picture it picked to be the main image.  I am not sure if there is a remedy for that or not.

I do use the latest version of Firefox.

And one more thing lol, In the area for contributors it added a bunch of html code for the spaces I had between the lines of text.

Some of these might be problems that @@Caelum can look into.

We transfer all files over to the main JKHUb Dropbox no matter what, so it will not be linked to the link you provided anyway.

The screenshots should be in order of upload but I know sometimes that's not the case. You can select which one is the main one displayed however.

I'll take a look later today and see if I can replicate any of this.

okay.  I have tried to submit a test twice.

First time it gives me an error immediately after I click on submit.  I used the advanced uploader.  It shows a progress bar and looks like the upload has finished.  I click submit and it immediately brings me back to the file submission screen and this is the error I get:

There was an error processing the file. Make sure that after selecting your file that you click the 'Attach File' button before submitting.

Using the basic uploader I get the same error after I wait for a couple minutes (after clicking attach file) while it seems the file is uploading then where the file should be listed is a blank box.

I get the same problems I had originally.

P.S. I figured out how to get the appropriate picture for the main picture.  Haven't changed it yet though.  I am not sure if I edit the post if it has to resubmit again and be approved or if I can change the main texture without any problems.

K.  Submitting that time seemed to work just fine. 

I also was able to change the main pic for Forest House JA conversion to use the picture I wanted.  I did notice it has to be approved after editing the submission.  I hope that doesn't cause any trouble for you or make another submission for the same map.  I will know better for my next submission in a few days.

Hmm, I've tried one more thing, try now? If it doesn't work now, could you give me:

Pretty please?

SpeedTest results:

Ping: 31 ms

Download speed = 1.29 Mbps

Upload speed = 0.20 Mbps

PingTest results:

Ping: 28 ms

Jitter:  1 ms

Filename:  Max6 dotXSIExport v1.8.zip

File size:    481KB

• 7 months later...

This issue is back, working on finding a fix for JKH.

Basically, by setting that timeout I mentioned above to 300 seconds, I opened up a hole in JKHub's DDoS protection to allow big file uploads. I've already known about that for quite some time, but until now, nobody found it and made any serious DDoS attempts with that specific attack.

I've set the timeout way back (from 300 to 20 seconds) and JKH is once again fully protected from any DDoS now, but until I find a workaround, big file uploads will be problematic for a couple of days.

:o Don't want to give the monkeys any loopholes to work with!?

• 1 month later...

I know it's a little off-topic, but @@Caelum, I was offline for a few months and when I came back, I couldn't sign in with my old account. I had to make another and ask for help (thanks again @@Circa), what could have been the cause of this? I'm sure I got the password right, because there's only 2 different passwords I use for Star Wars or Modeling related sites, so I'm 100% sure something must have gone wrong here on the site.