Base Customisation

It was requested that I post some development stuff here, so thought I may as well.

You may know that a while back I made this: http://jkhub.org/area51/files/file/193-base-customisation/ , a mod which basically lets you customise the Jedi and Reborn models with nearly every torso/leg in the game. (turns out raven re-used the same model quite a bit xD)

Anyways, with the rise of JKHub's files section I decided to make a version 2 for the site, which added support for the mercenary (who neatly has a hidden head which matches the jedi ones) and the stormtrooper. While doing this i realised there was room for a vast load of additions to a ton of other models too.

What I have added so far:

• Kyle now has access to the full collection of approaching 40 legs and torsos and has shoulder-pad selection (default, teams or none).
  • Imperial and Chiss now have custom support, giving them access to a good few torsos and the full range of legs.
  • Boba Fett support allows you to choose armour colour, jetpack on/off/colour and cape on/off/colour.

PfAIF.jpg

Stuff I have planned:

• Rebel Pilot support - Helmet selection, and the full range of torsos and legs.
  • Luke support - The same selection as Imperials and Chiss
  • A selection of other models, I'm not sure how compatible all of them are, but I will attempt to do: Stormpilot, Rebel, Rodian, Trando, Jedi Trainer and maybe a few more.
  • Colour selection - Instead of selecting red/blue torsos, I eventually intend to replace them with an RGB colour selection option, which will not only cut down on similar parts, but will give you much more variation.

Edited by MUG
I know the Jedi trainer uses the same torso/legs as the others so that shouldn't be a problem.

Actually it doesn't quite, it's close, but it has some variations which may prove awkward.

I dig the rebel pilot. Would love to use that head with some Mando armor. :P

Regrettably, that is not possible unless you happen to know a good player-modeller. This entire mod just works by using skins from other models, I haven't modified any models, just .skin files.

I suddenly see a lot of untapped potential with the rebel pilot by manipulating it so it looks like e.g. the jedi trainer/Kyle is wearing a helmet (Including adding his face)

Again, adding the face is technically possible without modelling, but would look veeeery awkward as the face model is different. Could add a opaque visor option, to hide the face though.

Edited by MUG
Ah, by the way you presented the mod it sounded like you could just switch any head, torso and legs with and other set.

That's an eventual goal of mine, if I ever learn to make player models xD [/subtle hit for someone to make a tutorial]

I have increased the number of available torsos and legs on most models from 30 to 42! There really are A LOT of re-usable textures in base xD

On top of that there is now Full support for the Trandoshan! He has access to all 42 legs and torsos:

xLJr5.jpg

(he does of course just have Trando scales instead of boots and forearms on all the options)

Edited by MUG
Link likes this

Added Stormpilot Customisation, as well as adding the team Stormpilot skins to the other models. The head selection for the Stormpilot allows you to select Helmet colour and whether or not to use the life support box/tubing:

yVDSs.jpg

Anyone have any requests for other models?

Currently I am planning to do Jedi trainer, and maybe Luke, but i'm unsure. Thoughts?

Curious question time! Is there a limit JKA will allow for species options? Whilst it's awesome to have so much interchangeable gear for each model, those models have to be in their own folder still, right? Which means for instance the Jedi Trainer has his own species, Kyle, Luke, etc. I'm just wondering if we can expect a point where things will start not appearing because there's too much in there. Between the Jedi/Sith Customisation, DT's Skin Pack, Female Customisation Pack and a few others, I'm already having problems getting to the one I want.

Curious question time! Is there a limit JKA will allow for species options? Whilst it's awesome to have so much interchangeable gear for each model, those models have to be in their own folder still, right? Which means for instance the Jedi Trainer has his own species, Kyle, Luke, etc. I'm just wondering if we can expect a point where things will start not appearing because there's too much in there. Between the Jedi/Sith Customisation, DT's Skin Pack, Female Customisation Pack and a few others, I'm already having problems getting to the one I want.

http://jkhub.org/are...species-limits/

Aye, there are limits to the number of custom species one can have. In fact, having jedi+sith customisation both at once is enough to push you over the limits. However, with base customisation alone, there simply aren't enough customisationificationable models in base to hit that limit. As far as I am aware, having tons of extra parts shouldn't effect how many species show up, that should only effect the maximum number of parts per species (if there is such a limit, that is, I am yet to hit it with 80+ parts per model). Additionally, the mod only consists of .skin files and icon files added to existing models' folders, so there is no increase in models in the game.

I'm also toying with the idea of splitting it between two pk3s for "core" species and "expanded" species (with the less likely to be used characters), that way if people have lots of other custom models, they can remove the expanded pk3.

Edited by MUG

Well, I've finished making all the parts and icons for version 3. You can run all of the species at once without a problem, but if you are using a big species mod such as jedi customisation plus, you will hit the species limit.

Here is the species list:

• Reborn
  • Jedi
  • Jedi Trainer
  • Bespin Cop
  • Rebel
  • Rebel Pilot
  • Stormpilot
  • Chiss
  • Wequay
  • Trandoshan
  • Boba Fett
  • Luke
  • Kyle
  • Galak
  • Imperial
  • Stormtrooper
  • Imperial Worker

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

By request, I've just released a small update to Base Customisation Complete which includes a text label in the menu for each new custom species added. If you want that to work, go ahead and grab it here and make sure that it has more Zs in the pk3 name than any other customisation mod you might have installed. (This is due to an unavoidable issue where each mod replaces the list of species names instead of adding to it. The Zs make sure that this overwrites all other changes to the menu text)

Super Thread-cromacy!