Engine/Map limits?

Now this may seem like a slightly off question, but does anyone know the engine/map limitations for JA?
By this I mean:

Total Brush Limit:

Entity Limit:
(And how many of each entity a map can have)

Model Limit:

Object Limit:
(Lights etc, unless this falls to entity?)

Mainly I'm asking because I want to see just how big and expansive I can make a map before it will inevitably crash.
Also are the limits different between SP/MP?
You guys have been a big help in the past so I appreciate any help I get here.

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

@@MoonDog
@@eezstreet

Ok thats very great to know. I'd spent months trying to figure out specific limits on the old Sith engine, which severally limited some of my more ambitious maps.
Fortunatly this engine seems better equipped to handle it.
Thanks so much for your help.

On a further note.
My GTK seems a bit discombobulated.
When I used to select a brush or a face it would show up with a reddish overlay on it in the 3d window. Now it doesnt. Shows the white brush outline when brush is selected, and wont show me when the face is selected at all. Any thoughts?

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

You may also run into an issue, depending on how big and complex your map is, where you end up hitting a MAX Shader limit and then it will give you number in parentheses by how many you exceeded. It doesn't have to do with how many physical shaders your map has but how the engine or whatever calculates shaders or shadows or something.

To stop this try and func_group things you make together and you can add the Key: _lightmapscale Value:2 to these grouped brushes. It'll make the shadows less complex. You can also add this to your worldspawn settings to it will affect the whole map. Otherwise, you may end up with missing shaders on models, items, ect... You can read a bit about it here...http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?22675-Max-shaders-!-!

As far as your Radiant issues you probably hit a shortcut key combination by accident and it caused problems. Everytime I run into these issues and can't figure it out I just re-install the damn thing. 

Complex lighting became an issue for me when I used a ton of shader based lighting with a lot of alpha shadow casting on surfaces. Yeah, making the lightmapscale higher at about 2 works well for that issue. Func_grouping geometry and then individual setting more detailed values is a small hassle, but worth it.

Model limit: none (gets converted to brushes during compile process)

They're not converted to brushes, unless you force them to (e.g. because you want them lightmapped). Which is why converting brushes to ASE models gets around some limitations - that wouldn't work if they were just converted back.

There's also a limit to the number of waypoints - 512 I believe, and those don't count towards the entity limit I believe - but few people seem to know how to use them anyway. The number of ROFF files is limited to something like 16 I think, as are vehicle types. (Not vehicle instances per map.) I believe there's also a limit to the number of pk3 files, but I don't exactly remember.

You also need to keep the number of portals low - I think there's a hard limit, but it's also a matter of performance: You realistically only need so many. This is about vis portals, not the camera ones. The latter have a limit of only 1 being rendered at the same time - if you can see 2 portals, one won't be rendered correctly.

Could also combine many of the textures into one giant texture and then section it off with surface inspector.

So instead of having 4 posters with 4 textures, you make one texture and cut it into 4 pieces in game. Works fine so long as the texture doesn't have to repeat.

Bmodel limit of 512, I think.

256 rendered entities per client snapshot (if there are more than 256 entities in a client's view, some of them will simply not render).

32 global vars total in Icarus, if I recall correctly.

Also there is a memory allocation limit due to g_newstring being fail... I forget the poolsize offhand, but if you have a map with a lot of strings (target_prints, targetnames on ents, and stuffs), especially if they get used repeatedly like a target_print or something, you can reach this and cause a crash.

Offtopic, I am interested in things like the above that OpenJK changes from JKA.  Is it all documented somewhere?

When I used to select a brush or a face it would show up with a reddish overlay on it in the 3d window. Now it doesnt. Shows the white brush outline when brush is selected, and wont show me when the face is selected at all. Any thoughts?

@@ZeroRaven - Press the J key to cycle through face select highlight options (or maybe H key, havent got radiant here to test)