To my fellow Android users...

^It does that if you use that pirated copy, I paid for the app and I have no problems, even submitted feedback about the lack of saber stance button and he released an update that added it.

If you really want to play it just spend the $1.95, that's like change that can be found on the ground, you'd have to be a real tight ass to think that was too much to pay for this.

I'm getting more used to the controls btw, playing trough the SP campaign, I'm playing on an HTC One with the graphics on the highest settings, it really eats up battery life though.

Omicron and Circa like this

Yeah, I really hope someone will port the KotOR series to Android, RPG's are much easier than action games on tablets and phones.

Unfortunatly I have bad news that the company who ported kotor to ipad isn't going to be porting it to android so it looks like well have to wait for someone else to bring this amazing game to android.

All the releases are quite recent on his account for the ports. How questionable is it to sell a port legally? What happens when Activision notices this?

I suppose selling any product under the name of Star Wars is a risk, unless he had permission to do so, which I highly doubt. In regards to the port itself, wouldn't that just be changes to the code that you guys originally released? None of the assets from the original games are included, so why would that be an issue with Activision? Other than any licensing issues for making a product associated with Jedi Outcast/Academy.

It's illegal for him to distribute game assets. Maybe illegal to use the Star Wars name too, but it depends on how it's advertised. If it's advertised as a game ported to the platform, it's illegal (I think?), but if it's advertised as a game loader then he should be in the clear. But this is a really complicated situation.

I highly doubt they will care a slightest bit about this, but you never know

Most publishers will defend any of their properties quite jealously at times. You never know.

Does anyone know where he distributed his source code to if at all? I'm just confused how one could legally sell a port as well as have unreleased code based of the source release.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I know this is pretty unrelated but I don't think it requires a new thread, I just think you guys will find it interesting.

I bought KOTOR on my iPad over the summer when it was released and it was a pretty solid port to a touch screen device and the gameplay works well with it. Now they have updated the app to be universal, which means it's available on iPhone as well. So I now have that and am trying it out. It's a bit different because of the smaller screen. They had to change the UI a bit. It's kind of cool.

This is from an iPhone 5.

qq4s.png

zkk8.png

I like how they rethought the experience and didn't just port the game and leave us to squint our eyes, tap, and hope our ginormous fingers hit the right option. :P I hope more companies take notice of this and begin to port their older classic games. The company that did this is Aspyr, which is a Mac developer that also has license for JK2 and JA. Maybe they will bring their attention to those next?

I don't know why KOTOR is being brought up as a comparison. The gameplay is literally NOTHING like JKA/JK2...

I never said it was a comparison. I said it was pretty unrelated, more pertaining to old PC games being ported to mobile. And how KOTOR was ported very nicely, and officially. I just thought you guys would find it interesting as I did.

• 4 weeks later...