rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

It achieves nearly the same thing while giving almost no performance hit. Not a big deal in a game as old as this, but hey. Not everyone is running a GTX 770 like myself :P

4_14_Antialiasing_Graph.png

I always forced 4x MSAA in JKA since I had a Geforce 7800GS... of course I'm no longer on that, but my framerates were always fine, even on that old card when I had it. I wouldn't worry about it.

MSAA is almost guaranteed to be the fastest antialiasing technique as there are dedicated transistors on the GPU to handle it. Any other technique would essentially be "emulated" (not quite but it's the closest analogy I could think of).

Did anybody write a guide on how to setup and use rend2 yet ?

couldn't find anything on my quick search and while I'm sure there have been posts containing pieces of information all over the place

would anybody mind writing a quick guide and post it under tutorials ?

I'm cautious of doing so because people might assume that rend2 is production-ready, when the truth is it's far from it. I suppose I can add a disclaimer at the beginning of the tutorial if that's fine with people.

I don't think it'd hurt, I say go for it.

JKG Developer

How about motion blur?  :lol:

I think it's a pointless feature in any game anyways. It would be terrible for saber fighting and is only useful in games that are locked at low framerates. It certainly doesn't make things look more realistic or fluid.

I think it's a pointless feature in any game anyways. It would be terrible for saber fighting and is only useful in games that are locked at low framerates. It certainly doesn't make things look more realistic or fluid.

You could argue that the whole of rd-rend2 is pointless. :P