rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

No idea, but I have been told in the past (don't remember who) that there is an object limit in the code. But what really confuses me is, if there is a 32 limit then why does my Jedi HM model work when it has well over 32 objects? Maybe the limit doesn't do anything or maybe the info I was told is wrong.

What purpose does moving them into the renderer solve? They don't actually do any sort of rendering.  It just makes basic calls to the export system.  Don't want to bog it down with even more bloat.  The font and language code is still in there and doesn't need to be per-se as it is.

I'm not sure we managed to get from moving the efx (I.e. Particle system purely for visuals) to meaning you would get better physics ;p

In other news, I'm procrastinating from doing the weather system by making some optimisations which should give a nice performance boost. Should be done within a week or so :)

DT. likes this

Any possibility of SMAA being added as an antialiasing option?

https://github.com/iryoku/smaa

To quote myself from earlier:

No need, we can use MSAA.

There's pretty much no reason to use any other anti-aliasing technique except for MSAA unless you can't use MSAA (if you have a deferred renderer instead of a forward renderer).

MSAA is Multisampling Anti Aliasing. Reading the SMAA page, it says:

Finally, the technique has been specifically designed to clone (to a reasonable extent) multisampling reference results.

So why clone the results, when you can simply produce the correct results in the first place? :)