Jedi Academy mod: Star Wars ~ Episode VII

Not a bad start! Personally, I'd have de-saturated the colour a bit more on the face. (Whilst in "Colors" "Colorize", drag the "Saturation" bar to the left a bit more.)

I was feeling generous. Here's a head-start. (Get it? Head start?) Lekku could use a little more work.

kpih.jpg5dg5.jpg

I totally didn't do this just so I could make a pun.

ChalklYne likes this

HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?????????????????????? ALL HAIL MAGSUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVEN MADE HIM HAVE A SMILE, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING CUZ HE'S THE JOKESTER ON THE COUNCIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

therfiles likes this

I know something I could do on my own cuz it sounds pretty simple to me... I realized that Luke's hair would have to be recolored gray so anyone mind explaining to me how you just edit the hair?

Same way as before, open it up in gimp and select just the hair with the selection tool. Then desaturate and maybe darken a little bit.

• Open luke_head_new
  • Layer -> New Layer (use the foreground colour, which by default is black.)
  • Select that layer in the layers window. If you look just above it, there's a little box named "Mode:" with a drop-down arrow opposite. Click it.
  • Click "Saturation". The black should now be partially transparent, making the hair (and the skin) a dark grey. (Don't worry, it doesn't have to stay this way!)
  • Now click the bottom layer.
  • Using the fuzzy select tool (the one that looks like a wand), select Luke's skin and avoid selecting his hair. (Hold SHIFT to select more than one area with the tool)
  • When you have most of Luke's skin selected, click back onto the top layer. Tap Ctrl+X, or "Edit" then "Cut"
  • You should now be left with unaltered skin, but dark grey hair. If not, repeat the process until you're done, or use an eraser on the top layer to tidy up grey bits left behind.
  • (If you erase a part of the hair to reveal the blonde underneath, just use a black paint brush to replace it, or hit "undo")
  • Ensuring the top layer is selected, underneath the "Mode: Color" part of the layers window will be "Opacity" Lower that until you're happy with Luke's hair colour.
  • Done!

Hi, don't mean to interrupt this thread. I've been away for a few days now. Sorry if I was a bit harsh earlier, but I've seen a lot of people start up these huge mod projects with just story ideas. I do think that a machinima would be a perfect fit for something like this.

That's what I've changed it to lol but we're still going to need custom maps and skins and stuff.

Quitters never get anywhere xD

I started to quit, but I'm not. I'm going to put this in a portfolio or whatever it is that you show the people that admit people into art colleges.

And yes, you will all be credited :D

Who do you all think should be used as a base for the main two characters? (Yan Solo Skywalker and Silara Hibliss) I'm thinking for Yan we could use an Episode II skin of Anakin and just change the face and make the eyes a pure blue and change the hair. I know you all probably hate this guy but here's who I imagine Yan as looking like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2nfjj2sw16o3jg/Louis-Tomlinson-Pictures.jpeg

but I know that you'll probably love who I imagine Silara (Dutchess of Mandalore) as looking like ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/augxlhfpvwicug0/megan-fox-70th-annual-golden-globe-awards-01.jpg

she wears a few different clothes sets but I'm thinking we could do a reskin of some Padme Amidala skins

Who do you all think should be used as a base for the main two characters? (Yan Solo Skywalker and Silara Hibliss) I'm thinking for Yan we could use an Episode II skin of Anakin and just change the face and make the eyes a pure blue and change the hair. I know you all probably hate this guy but here's who I imagine Yan as looking like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2nfjj2sw16o3jg/Louis-Tomlinson-Pictures.jpeg

but I know that you'll probably love who I imagine Silara (Dutchess of Mandalore) as looking like ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/augxlhfpvwicug0/megan-fox-70th-annual-golden-globe-awards-01.jpg

she wears a few different clothes sets but I'm thinking we could do a reskin of some Padme Amidala skins

I think this guy kinda looks like a younger version of Solo but i dunno which direction you're taking really..

matthew_davis_2006_05_16.jpg