Jedi Academy mod: Star Wars ~ Episode VII

A great image editor as powerful as Photoshop is called GIMP. Best of all, it's free.

http://gimp.org

I learned how to skin with GIMP. It's great!

It's true. I actually used GIMP to make this:

vlvl.jpg

If you can get that one custom skin done (even if it's with MS Paint for your first one. My first skin was.) I'll show you exactly how I did the facial changes above using one tool in GIMP. The same tool exists in Photoshop, if you have that instead. You'll laugh when you see how easy it is when you get to that stage.

The secret is a good reference image and the clone tool using a soft-edged brush. :P

The first beard was the blonde Jaden's. The second originally came from the "jedi" model. I could have created my own facial hair, but this was quicker and easier for producing what I was after. Obviously you couldn't do that every time because skin tones wouldn't match and so forth. But there're tools for that, too!

Circa likes this

...well sorry guys, didn't mean to piss you all off and get you mad at both me and hka1894 lmao XD The skinning idea sounds good. Maybe he should do that. I'd suggest trying to turn the red Twi'lek in the game (I forgot her name) into the jedi master u made up, Tang Unala. the yellow Twi'lek guy. I don't know how you would get rid of her boobs though lmao

NPC folder is for definitions about what the ai is suppose to be doing.  You don't really want to go there yet, might be useful later though for creating a custom npc, but don't worry about that yet.

I'd suggest avoiding the Twi'lek Jedi first, that's a bit more complicated.  If you want to start out simple, open up assets1.pk3, then go to models > players > probe

Now, what you want to do is find probe_droid.jpg and open it up in GIMP.  Then paint on top of stuff.  Suggestion: Attempt to make it look like a disco ball.  After your done save it to a new location but with the same name.  Then copy everything in the original probe folder and overwrite the jpg file with your new file (make sure it has the same exact name though).  Then create a folder called disco, inside of it create another folder called models and then inside of that a folder called players, then paste your folder containing the new proble files inside of that.  Now drag that entire set of folders into a pk3.  Call it whatever you want.  Save it, stick it in base, and load up the game and try and spawn a probe droid.  If you did it right, and I didn't forget something in this tutorial you should have a new shiny disco ball probe droid, for all your dancing/torture needs.

JKG Developer

XD That's funny but I wanted to start with the Tang Unala (the yellow Twi'lek Jedi Master) cuz I really don't wanna waste any time. I really want to get this finished as quickly as possible lol

XD That's funny but I wanted to start with the Tang Unala (the yellow Twi'lek Jedi Master) cuz I really don't wanna waste any time. I really want to get this finished as quickly as possible lol

I really want to get this finished as quickly as possible lol

Never a good idea! Rushing things typically yields bad results. If you've not got any modding experience what-so-ever, you can't expect to become a master in a matter of minutes. Besides, what's the rush? Is this twi'lek male or female, by the way?

Well it would work about the same way, just replace the path to the probe droid to the twilek.  I'm not sure which model that would be though.  If you're talking about the ingame one, its a bit complicated because its a humanoid part that is player selectable, which means everything is chopped up into pieces.

JKG Developer

Never a good idea! Rushing things typically yields bad results. If you've not got any modding experience what-so-ever, you can't expect to become a master in a matter of minutes. Besides, what's the rush? Is this twi'lek male or female, by the way?

He's a male Twi'lek. Jedi Master. New Council member

Here's a template for you to work with, as you are so eager:

iqma.jpg

I removed a model from an existing pack for you. It's all set up under the name "tang_unala". So you can access it in game by typing into the console: /model tung_unala or you can simply select it with the place-holder icon I gave it in the character menu. You'll need Pakscape to open the .pk3 file once you've opened up the .zip you're about to download.

Click me to download!

Omg I really don't want to sound ungrateful cuz I really appreciate you doing that...but...is there a Twi'lek Jedi with the lekku (head tentacle things) behind his head? Like, hanging down his back? I'm sorry if I sound picky it's just that's the way I imagined his character... Again, thank you for doing that though

whoa sorry, Lord Futuza... Didn't mean to upset you... Sure, I'll practice with that one

Not upset, just hard to understand one sentence over the internet without voice inflection.  I meant it as a practical suggestion, since I'm feeling far too lazy to look for twilek skins atm.

JKG Developer