Crossover between Advent Rising and Jedi Academy

Once the source code for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy has been made ​​public, I considered that a Jedi Academy mod with the psychics powers of Advent Rising would be fabulous.

Advent Rising is an action video game for PC and Xbox in third person published in 2005, where Humanity is seen as gods by their latent powers, revered by some aliens and hated by others alien. The protagonist struggles against a hostile alien species that does not want that Humanity to discover their powers. Some Advent Rising powers are similar to the Force powers but much more impressive and powerful:

Advent Rising terminates in an open end and was designed as a trilogy, but because poor sales the trilogy was canceled. There are requests for the development of a second part:

So a game would be fabulous to retrieve the saber combat system of Jedi Academy and psychic powers of Advent Rising: Do not you think?

Will you make it?  That would be fabulous.  I'd love to play it when you're done.

No, I wanted to say that would be a very good idea to combine Advent Rising and Jedi Academy, but I do not know do mods.

Sorry...I couldn't resist.  I was trolling a little bit there.  Its great if you can find someone else who might be interested in committing lots of time to making the mod, so best of luck to you.  Perhaps something that might interest people though is if you posted a bunch of videos fo different advent rising powers in use, so if someone likes them they could create some customized force powers based off of them to use in a jka mod.  And are you thinking like single-player or multi-player?

Corto likes this

JKG Developer

Sorry...I couldn't resist.  I was trolling a little bit there.  Its great if you can find someone else who might be interested in committing lots of time to making the mod, so best of luck to you.  Perhaps something that might interest people though is if you posted a bunch of videos fo different advent rising powers in use, so if someone likes them they could create some customized force powers based off of them to use in a jka mod.  And are you thinking like single-player or multi-player?

Yes, this is my intention. Introduce Advent Rising in the Jedi Knight community to see if anyone is interested in making a mod for Jedi Academy with the powers of Advent Rising.

In the video that I got are all psychic powers of Advent Rising:

Besides the protagonist of Advent Rising acquires self-regenerative health, he can do super-jumps, the action slows down automatically when he makes a lateral jump and he can make combos to kill enemies with your hands only.

We can see that The Force Unleashed powers are similar to the Advent Rising powers, to the point that maybe the creators of The Force Unleashed were inspired in Advent Rising. However, I think Advent Rising powers are more complete than The Force Unleashed powers, in addition to The Force Unleashed has a saber combat system worse than Jedi Academy. So the ideal combination would be a game with Advent Rising powers and saber combat system of Jedi Academy.

Finally, I have considered a mod mainly for single player.

Engine enhancements will come when the main coders around here get to it but there are many other things being fixed before any updating will be done.

The only way you'll see engine enhancements is if either you or someone else comes around and decides to do it but the existing coders in the community aren't focusing on it atm.

Engine enhancements will come when the main coders around here get to it but there are many other things being fixed before any updating will be done.

The only way you'll see engine enhancements is if either you or someone else comes around and decides to do it but the existing coders in the community aren't focusing on it atm.

And with good reason, there's sooo many errors in the code still, I'd rather have clean code in base JA than glitchy code that slightly enhances visuals or something.

In short, have a bit of patience for now. Once clean code is done we'll start to really see some mods being made.

In the meantime it would be good of you to start looking in to learning some aspects of modding too. The more modders we have the better for our communitty. Some of the easier areas are:

skins

saber modelling

npc's

stances

Mapping isn't too bad either. It's where I started anyway.

Also provides near instant gratification because you can see your work nearly instaneously.  Coding, , modelling, all tend to have a bit of a wait time in my experience.

JKG Developer