Two Jetpack Mods

Howdy. Had a couple jetpack mods I wanted done, but my modding abilities are in other areas, and this is outisde my area of expertise.

1) Unlimited jetpack. Pretty self-explainitory. I imagine some small scripting would get the job done?

2) New jetpack model(s) using one from the JangoVM or BobaVM packs? Obviously permission would need to be given first, and then just replace the model with the VM version(s) I'm guessing? Doesn't sound hard in theory but I could be wrong.

Thanks for reading.

#1 - remove jetpack fuel drain from code

#2 - isolate jetpack and remove it from the model. Retag the model.

#1 - Mmmm, a bit more complicated than I thought. If I found it in the code wouldn't I have to release the mod in a .pk3 that has the whole code in it just so I can change one parameter?

#2 - Is this something I can do by editing some .txt files or do I need a modeling program?

As a vehicle I don't think it would work very well since there isn't a vehicle that behaves in a way in which something like say a helicopter behaves where it travels up and down. Another huge hurdle would be the driver, it wouldn't show the model and if it did he'd be in the root pose since the only vehicle class that will show the model of the pilot is the tauntaun class. You'd have a jetpack that flew like an x-wing and had an invisible player controlling it.

Better to just make a new model and fix the missing model for when the jetpack is dropped and yes, it's already possible in lugormod to have the jetpack as a droppable item that anyone can use, it's just missing a model that shows it in world so it appears as a rgb colored transform gizmo.

All of removing one line of code:

ent->client->ps.jetpackFuel -= amount;

I'm paraphrasing here of course.

Right, so the only issue would learning to understand the code first, heh. Oh well... perhaps another day. Cheers man.