JA won't remember my custom cvars!

So I can't believe I never noticed this... but...

JA always forgets custom cvars I set! Using seta, which is supposed to write commands/cvars to the game's config so they're remembered between sessions, won't work for my cvars that I make up! It works fine for cvars the game has coded in, but mine are always forgotten!

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Posting my issues miraculously allows me to find a solution... Seems the game doesn't save my cvars when they're set by something ingame. If an outside of the game .cfg file sets it however, it remembers it just fine....

Best solution I have found to this is to just make a custom setting config file, in the console use the command...

/writeconfig *name*

/exec *name

I do this for MP since changing between different servers running different mods can sometimes change a bunch of settings, sometimes I would make different ones per server since some servers I had admin and some I did not, login info for Lugormod servers would vary too and I didn't like having to login manually, I'd bind "L" to /login *name* *pass*.

I mean, I know .cfg files work, but being able to set and remember cvars ingame would suit my purposes better.^

I guess I'll just have a cfg load all the cvars intitially into memory for the game, so they're set as somewhat permanent cvars. Still, thank you for the quick responses!

^I mean, I don't think I am.

I think the problem is the game never saves them. When I call a custom cvar into existence via something like "seta new_cvar 1" in the console ingame, when I exit and load the game back up, it has no memory of it, unless it's called via the same command except in a .cfg file. The .cfg file only has to call it once then the game saves it permanently, as i can delete the .cfg after one use and still have the cvar.

Seta stands for "set archive" I'm pretty sure, and for a while I had the impression that it wrote cvars to the game's config file, or at least had the game sorta remember it, because seta sets the default value for coded cvars...