Would like more to mod.

Well I have a year to do nothing but mod this game.

If I don't know something I try my best with jka because it is a useful medium that you can expand on in many different ways.

would like some stuff to do to start of small so I will try to take a request see how i go with it and see how long it takes me to complete then after a few I hopefully will have done enough work to help boost everyone,s projects a bit, not just the ones that seem to have following.

(I Do not mean my own) and do not expect any payment for work, just to learn a bit and see others learn.

I will  set a few guidelines to follow by if you request however.
I am not good on maps or modelling, I have read a lot on them but not made content succesfully yet and wil take awhile with these aspect as well as coding, but I intend to be at least useful in knowing the terminology.

So Don't ask me to do those things yet please, but feel free to ask advice and test my knowledge on them as I will likely try to help and learn very quickly my own limits of this game. I hope to learn about being a effective forum member aswell as I percieve that it is probably where I lack knowledge in the most.

From what I learn and as I help your mod I ask that I can start a tutorial of each common problem and aspects you where having trouble with, to help you to learn yourself, for your own future projects. This way I avoid doing all the work without you learning and hopefully others can learn from reviewing the process

My credentials?

I can animate small scale,like simple animations.i know how to use dragon and gla merge effectively enough to get anims in game.

edit skins well in gimp and understand alpha layers etc.

Can use audacity and voice act

Understand the file structure

know the star wars universe fairly well, as well as the game itself and It's mechanics.

can edit most files effectively to do with jka but struggle at creating new content at the moment in some areas.

I hope to learn by helping create some quality content, as I will work on something excusively until the requestee is happy or ready to do t themeselves and I want to produce content at a level and with the grace that hapslash inyri and  other people who's work has single handely kept me playing jka after this year of what is a lot of work for me.

I know that it is a immense work load I am setting here for myself if i want to help others, but i feel I will benefit from what I learn and from being able to download more new content for this game in all fields.

Not sure of the purpose of this thread but it would be easiest for you to focus on 1 thing since you sound like you've tried to do multiple things in terms of content creation.

Like myself for instance, I can model, advanced animation (run/walk cycles, complex movements) but I wont know where to begin when it comes to coding and don't even ask me to open radiant because compared to a professional 3d art/animation package it's interface is retarded.

Try to focus on 1 thing, and if skinning is your thing best rather than editing textures to start from a blank canvas, the best people I know at painting textures could make things without even using filters and such in PS, Inyri's Geth for example, all hand painted with brushes, no fancy filters or effects, just a LOT of layers (I have the PSD).

Dragon is obsolete, I've been making animations with freeware around the time it was made, Softimage EXP 4.2 (now known as Mod Tool) was out in '04.

Mandalorian likes this

Since you seem pretty dedicated, you should just continue learning what you can with modeling or mapping.

Although I always hate it when people tell me that, you seem pretty capable and have a lot of time. One thing everyone around here (or everywhere) doesn't have is enough time. Your services would be invaluable, even more so, if you knew those two things.

Your Boba Fett mod seems promising, and I would focus on that if I were in your position.

Mandalorian likes this

If you can't learn from the millions of videos on youtube then either you aren't trying hard enough or you don't want it enough.

Every human has the same capacity as the next, no matter the feat, those are the rules I live by and it's how I went from never even seeing snow to upper intermediate classes in snowboarding in 4 days.

Mandalorian likes this

Thanks guys. I will keep what you said in mind, I may remove this topic then. I have been extremely wary of joining a forum until this point, I'm glad for the reception I have gotten so far, it has been very friendly and professional. I do want to help others as much as I can, but I know that if I put all my time into learning the essentials to make the tc i can make a lot more progress. I don't really want it to be just mine, but jkhubs brainchild, so as I  release work , I will always make it freely available for everyone to use in their own way on here.

Learn how to model, then explain it to the rest of us who still can't do it. :P

I have edited  head models for kotor, My advice is to look at the tutorials for making masks in kotor I modded a mandalorian mask by just selecting parts of the model and duplicating then placing it on certain parts to make new content. the reason I say do it this way, is that it's a good basic introductions to a lot of concepts especially the importing and getting it in game side, then when you feel confident in that learn a little more from this guy and his tutorials,

I can't  truely model yet and it is very complex with jka, but I think with the many tutorials around and still being made inevitably more of us will figure it out.

I Think I may try learn mapping and modding when I have a better grasps of exactly how to conceptualize the maps and size of this mod possible. I will definitely then share my knowledge and content if I succeed. I do have time, I just want to use it as efficiently as possible and I fear half learning a skill and getting to stuck on it,wasting time when there are other things I know how to do, but take repetitive and time consuming steps rather than difficult ones.

Thanks for feedpack, I will neaten all my topics and try keep my questions and post in the appropriate forum once I am a little more clued in on the structure here.

If you can't learn from the millions of videos on youtube then either you aren't trying hard enough or you don't want it enough.

Every human has the same capacity as the next, no matter the feat, those are the rules I live by and it's how I went from never even seeing snow to upper intermediate classes in snowboarding in 4 days.

Can't argue with that. My answer would be the latter.  :huh:

I'll probably get around to it when I'm done playing in Radiant. :P