JKA blender export trouble

so over the last few days i've been trying to lean blender and so far i made this thing

blend01.png

yeah i know it sucks but that not the point

when ever i try to export it using the Blender 2.64 - Jedi Academy Plugin Suite as md3 this is all i get

blend02.png

it seems to only export the bottom and i have no idea why it doesn't give me any errors or any thing like that

and if i try to export as an .ase file it gives me this error

blend03.png

so anybody got an idea of what's going on?

any help would be appreciated

You'll need a custom property called md3shader on the object (not the mesh!) with the texture you'd like to use as the value.

I'll try to find some time to improve the exporters in the coming weeks, they need proper error messages and documentation.

You'll need a custom property called md3shader on the object (not the mesh!) with the texture you'd like to use as the value.

I'll try to find some time to improve the exporters in the coming weeks, they need proper error messages and documentation.

thanks it all works now :)

well the game says it can't find the shader for it so doesn't have a texture ingame and after looking at the other models and the shaders i can't find a solution i found a shader called models but i can't find any of the other game models in it and if i add my own model it still won't work

Edited by Delta_135

You see at the bottom where it says, "Start: 1" "End: 250"

Your model has 250 frames for animation. This makes your MD3 unnecessarily large. Make "End:1".

Also, pay attention to the specific path you gave the texture when you gave the md3shader property. I've made the accidental mistake of typing model/map_objects instead of models/map_objects before and it left me scratching my head.

After such check that the path is properly reflected in a PK3 in your base folder.

i see i though you just put the name of the texture in the model proprieties without a path and just put the model and texture in the same folder

guess not

i also fixed the animation issue so it now only got 1 frame

here it is in game

shot0000fm.jpg

the scale is bit off but seems to work otherwise 

still getting a bunch of errors when i try to export as .ase