Need a name for a saber

Hello all (as I do believe this is my first forum post)! Been working on a light saber that all but finished... except, as the topic name points out, it doesn't have a name(which is why it is just work in progress as opposed to being release... that would make this the right place for this topic?).

saberf.jpg

It is basically a simple light saber with a portion remove to show the crystal chamber (that is based of the SWTOR design)... and I didn't want to call it a Crystal Chamber Light-saber...

So yeah, it needs a name. Any help would be appreciated

Caelum likes this

Well, in that case, it suddenly sounds a lot cooler (I agree with this

Seriously...? Some retarded anime? No, I hate anime, sorry.

...this was virtually my first thought when I clicked the first search result :D )

Still not sure about the name though... I'd prefer entirely/originally English names :P

You modeled a saber without having a name in mind? You just experimented, or something?

Also, love the "I don't enjoy it because it's incompatible with my standards of masculinity, so it's stupid" going on in this thread.

Go with something industrial or otherwise raw (barbaric, savage, etc.) I guess. Or go Diablo on that shit, say, "Savage Blade of Vomit."

I never mod with a name in mind... I do it (some times) with an idea (mine or otherwise), and if that idea has a name (like with Tron) , well that convenient.... Names are extra details that can be worried about later (like now) :D

Also, love the "I don't enjoy it because it's incompatible with my standards of masculinity, so it's stupid" going on in this thread.

Actually, (if that is referring to the anime thing) thats just personal opinon... even if it is our opinion because "it's incompatible with my standards of masculinity" :P

Back to the name...

Go with something industrial or otherwise raw (barbaric, savage, etc.) I guess. Or go Diablo on that shit, say, "Savage Blade of Vomit."

That makes me think of unfinished buildings... don't ask why... does "Incomplete" sound too stupid?

Illustrious Nagamaki of Disconcerting Ulcer Bleeding
Please tell me that isn't a suggestion :P

I have no idea what you are talking about. No one ever brought up anything to do with masculinity. I simply don't(do not) enjoy(derive pleasure from) anime(Japanese cartoons).

Umm... how did this topic arise? (Don't bother answering... Just think up names :D)

way to many sides ot those cylinders , jsut think about how small they actually are , you wont get that close up to notice they're round

8 -10 sides would be perfect for the main body and for all those amller tubes you should use 3-6 sides  max

seeing this , I wodner how many verts&tris does your model have ?

it looks like an insanely high amount for a small saberhilt like this

I used to make the same mistake when I got started, pretty much everyone does ;)

I've been thinking too many sides... but frankly, I have been to lazy to figure out how to change it after using the Convert to poly thingy (I'll be happy if someone tells me it is stupidly obvious and shows how :unsure: )

Checking ModView- V:4417... Twice as many as I originally had on my tron disk (V2)... I think I was told off for that too :D...

yeah... I'll get around to undetailing 

Depending on the color of the blade....I'll take a random stab in the dark:

Blue blade - Prosperity.

Green - Harmony.

Red - Calamity.

Yellow - Serenity

...all names that came to mind, none or which seem original but then again, this is coming from someone who wants their hilt named 'Integrity'.

I've been thinking too many sides... but frankly, I have been to lazy to figure out how to change it after using the Convert to poly thingy (I'll be happy if someone tells me it is stupidly obvious and shows how :unsure: )

Checking ModView- V:4417... Twice as many as I originally had on my tron disk (V2)... I think I was told off for that too :D...

yeah... I'll get around to undetailing 

sorry to tell ya but there's no easy way to remove them , you have to get rid of the unnecessary edges by hand

in Gmax , go to edgemode then select the edges you want to remove and click the remove button [dont hit delete]

then do the same with the vertices conencted tot hose edges as they will stay when you just rmeove the edges connecting them

Got it down to V:1192 ... This any better?

@@Kualan

Already decided on a Name (and to lazy to change it)... But that is a pretty good name