Hey Chalk, after my last exam would you be interested in letting me have a go at the low poly model? As in, sending me the head and letting me move the points around so I can give you suggestion on what to do that way? Morph-able! xD

That is if you're comfortable with it ofcourse. I might not do a great job at it, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

ChalklYne likes this

So I took the head all the way back and fixed a bunch of really cool stuff which will make sculpting way easier for me. Does it look better to you guys topology wise?

unuu.jpg
6oav.jpg

Keep in mind this is before the sculpt to make it a bit more defined, so not really extremely focused on the certain shapes as much as I am getting the topo laid in a way that when I subdivide I wont be doing too much weird tweaking which will be lost in the lowest resolution. also remodeled his temples, the connection to the ear, the ears, the nose. So I am pretty happy with this topo better than the last even though the last was just so close it just had too many flaws in the lowest subdivision to preserve the sculpt in the areas most prominent for SK

Yeah I was only concerned about topo. But good eye. I already started the sculpting in zbrush and I am positive this will be my best head yet and most likely the finished product.

no need for any crits atm but here is a preview of me starting to get his shape together

xc3c.jpg

ears are irrelevant. I modeled them very low res just getting the basic shape in to save verts, and if i start subdividing it and painting it in high res, it will warp tremendously when I break it back down to low res. I just need to get the basic shape down and leave them alone and fix them via texture and softimage. Trust me theres some sort of weird method to the madness lol

so I broke his body way down. Went from just over 6000 verts to just under 3500. I will be sculpting in the rest of his belts and all of his arm and leg wraps. still not done just wanted to show some progress

89sq.jpg

The boots will be a bit thinner and the shoulders will better defined once i get into zbrush I just don't feel like screwing with it right now, 

katanamaru and Lamented like this

In the middle of sorting everything out.. figured Id show a progress pic. Still working of course

ohbj.jpg

Just trying to get the basic shape down so I can export the low res mesh and unwrap it again. Then re-import it with nice uv layouts and paint and sculpt it all into shape so maybe I can get some nice shadowmaps rendered again and use it for the folds and things in his clothing. We'll see how it goes. Feel free to poke in with anything while I'm going

negru_tudor likes this

Still workin the mesh a bit

I am only going to model in one foot and mirror it. This is just a rough sculpt to get the geometry somewhat where I want it before I unwrap it, then I will go back and give it a real nice sculpt over so It has good shadows to render out rather than trying to texture them all in. We will see how it tunrs out.

lq0n.jpg

Circa and katanamaru like this

Hands and feet are still improper. The hands are small as well as not proportionate and the feet are not shaped right as well. Feet do not come to their longest point at the center toe and not all fingers are the same length. The fingers also look like curves rather than having 3 distinct points in which they bend.

ChalklYne likes this

OK so I got a basic sculpt down to make sure thats how I want the mesh, then here is the low poly version. I'd like to make sure proportions are just right before moving any further since I will soon be using the uvmaps.

h5r5.jpg

I will just remodel the hands when I get there.  And this is not the final head, I just slapped the old one there for sizing