Taunt creating issue

Go to solution Solved by Showersinging,

Hi!

I've been trying to put together a taunt to go with the narkina prisoner skin which was created by a modeler here.

The taunt in question being the "One way out" chant from the corresponding Andor episode.

When trying to put this into the game i'm being confronted with a returning error message shown here. mbii.x86_Bnc59ZTfde.png.f5ee75bd31c2ddbad7f693cbc6ee8da5.png

I tried to figure out what the issues are by inspecting my .mp3 file in Audacity (since i extracted it from the actual episode).

In the program itself it seems that the hertz count is in fact 44100. Beside this i've seen in a tutorial that the taunt file needs to be in Mono instead of stereo, which is also checked off.

Despite all the boxes being checked off, i'm still getting this error message.

I tried to also use the online audio converter instead which gave me the "Source file is stereo" error message.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong here?

Or does it just happen that it's one of those things that just doesn't want to work at all?

Thanks a lot in advance!

9 hours ago, Showersinging said:

In the program itself it seems that the hertz count is in fact 44100.

This is highly unlikely, as most video media is sampled at 48000 hz or higher. As far as I know, 44100 hz is only used for CDs these days.

That said, if you are exporting from Audacity, make sure the project (Not the audio) is set to 44100 hz, or it will automatically resample to something else on you. The project sample rate can be found in the bottom left corner of the screen.

9 hours ago, Showersinging said:

I tried to also use the online audio converter instead which gave me the "Source file is stereo" error message.

Are you splitting the stereo track to mono before exporting it? This might help:
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/splitting_and_joining_stereo_tracks.html

If none of the above helps, post a screenshot of your file in Audacity, and we'll try and dissect the problem.

1 hour ago, NAB622 said:

If none of the above helps, post a screenshot of your file in Audacity, and we'll try and dissect the problem.

Tried it all to no avail sadly. Also the project sample rate doesn't seem to be in the bottom left corner for me, though i presume it's shown in the 2nd image i'm providing, found in "Preferences"

My program is set in dutch though, hope that's not too big of an issue 🙂

Audacity_VhYUqjCXpL.png.cf7b5fa91b4cb2dee5affea5f192ea48.png

Audacity_UWGlKAA08F.png

Hmm, maybe trying changing the sample format from 16-bit to 32-bit float, though I really don't know if it will help.

Strange thing is that everything seems set up correctly, so it shouldn't give you that error. What happens if you grab the stereo file from the online converter and turn it mono?

One last thing, not sure if that version of Audacity will have it, but when exporting it try checking the "Force mono export" box in Format options.

As far as MP3 goes, it looks like you're doing everything correctly.

After thinking about it for a second.....you said this is a sound effect, right? Try exporting it as a WAV file. MP3 is meant for music, and sounds should be WAV.

18 minutes ago, NAB622 said:

After thinking about it for a second.....you said this is a sound effect, right? Try exporting it as a WAV file. MP3 is meant for music, and sounds should be WAV.

Yes, in theory, but in practice there are also a lot of mp3 effects, just look at the voices and many movers. Anyway, without any other clue, it's also a good suggestion.

• Solution

Hey guys,

I was able to fix the issue after some extra research. The conversions must've corrupted the file in some way that i have no clue about.

I did find a tutorial on how to make sound packs which was sort of a last resort as somehow, none of the other options or suggestions worked.

Since the skin in question (Narkina 5 prisoner) was a simple reskinned default model i didn't need any other emotes beside the "ONE WAY OUT" chant so just copied the base file into diffent voice lines: taunt, gloat1 and victory1, and simply group transformed them as said in above tutorial.

That seemed to have done the trick as it works perfectly now.

Thank you guys so much for the help though! Really appreciate it! 😄

Circa likes this