Map compile crashing

So I'm attempting to compile a map so I can test it (only 25% or less finished), and during the compile process I hit an error I've never seen before.
MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY exceeded.
I'm not sure what this is or how to fix it. Map is only 104 brushes and 2 entities, though it is in a big skybox (will be a platforms map).
If anyone has any idea what this is, please let me know.

Q9m5npp.jpg

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Reading around a bit, you may want to turn as many brushes as you can into detail brushes. Other possibilities would be to play around with the blocksize / chopsize values in the worldspawn, reducing them to 0 - it might make compiling VIS problematic, but since you say it's an open platform map type, there doesn't seem to be much room for culling.

54 minutes ago, Ramikad said:

Reading around a bit, you may want to turn as many brushes as you can into detail brushes. Other possibilities would be to play around with the blocksize / chopsize values in the worldspawn, reducing them to 0 - it might make compiling VIS problematic, but since you say it's an open platform map type, there doesn't seem to be much room for culling.

Changing the brushes to detail didn't fix the MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY error, but I changed the chopsize to 0 and changed the cull distance to the full length of the map (16,896 map units), and THAT seemed to have fixed it for now. thanks for the advice.

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

• 1 month later...