Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

Gregor is being a bit more difficult than I predicted. I think the best way to go is to work on one part at a time and then see how it works. I'll to compare him to the Clone Wars Boss to see how to best tackle a realistic version.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I think we are long overdue for a progress update. I will be comparing my previous two drafts of Gregor to my current one.

Draft 1:

The main problems with this draft was that first; the camo made the armor too bright, and based on references shots Gregor's armor is really dark. Also the camo seemed way too small to strecth across the armor effectively. Second; the yellow seemed too bright compared to refrence shots.

Draft 2:

This draft got better on target with the camo and the yellow but the armor still appeared too bright. The yellow also seemed to stand out too much compared to the rest of the armor.

Draft 3:

While not finished, Draft 3 is already working far beyond the previous versions of the character. The yellow now matches the rest of the armor better then it did before and now the armor is just dark enough to work.

Let me know what you guys think of the drafts.

Kualan likes this

Great work on thè Shinies! Yes, I really did enjoy those skins! I did some comparation and I noticed all the difference. 3

Also, I noticed your Gregor is at 65%, so keep up the good work!

My eyes literally hurt after attempting to read that. What's the point?
Botdra likes this

Great work on thè Shinies! Yes, I really did enjoy those skins! I did some comparation and I noticed all the difference. <3

Also, I noticed your Gregor is at 65%, so keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I can't tell you how long it took to fix all those texture problems. Gregor is probably beyond 65% by now. I just finished up one of his arms and I have all the tally marks on the left side of the helmet. I think the trick now will be to add some small extra camo touches to really bring out the armor.

Wisdom of a perfectionist. And do you intend to write the last two digits of his designation (39) on his backpack like the other commandos, or...? Like, you don't have to, just wondering

I will have to find some reference shots of the Clone Wars versions of Boss, Sev or one of the others. If the Commandos have red and blue buttons in place of the numbers, then I will put Gregor's number on his backpack, but if they are different then I will probably keep the red and blue buttons on Gregor's backpack. I will need to find some reference shots to know for sure.

Alright. And lol at your 69 percentage. Maybe if there's too much confusion, you could do two variations. Of course, I don't wish to put more pressure on you than you already have. Gl, bro. I want to be more than a complimenter to you--I want to be your friend. <3

Great news! Via a featurette on starwars.com I have been able to determine that in the Clone Wars series both Gregor and the other commandos share the same red and blue buttons on their backpacks. This means that since I am doing a realistic version, Gregor will have the end numbers on his backpack in place of the red and blue buttons that appear in the show like the real Delta Squad has.

Guys, that's enough. There is no need to start fighting here. Botdra, I can respect your opinions on Academy and how this is just a simple skin. But I'd really appreciate it if you left Deviance alone. And Deviance, I appreciate your encouragement but I don't want you to get angry at Botdra for having his opinion. That said, maybe if you toned things down just a bit, it might make people a little more comfortable. No one is in trouble, but this is getting too personal and I really don't want to see that happen.

So I would really like it if you two calm down and respect each other. Let's just agree to disagree.

Guys, that's enough. There is no need to start fighting here. Botdra, I can respect your opinions on Academy and how this is just a simple skin. But I'd really appreciate it if you left Deviance alone. And Deviance, I appreciate your encouragement but I don't want you to get angry at Botdra for having his opinion. That said, maybe if you toned things down just a bit, it might make people a little more comfortable. No one is in trouble, but this is getting too personal and I really don't want to see that happen.

So I would really like it if you two calm down and respect each other. Let's just agree to disagree.

Back on topic people. Nothing wrong with unadulterated enthusiasm. Unless its for something illegal...like murder, or hogging the middle lane of a motorway. :D

Or walking slowly in the middle of the sidewalk. Those people should be shot on sight.

Circa likes this

Gregor Update!

I have to decided to show off what I've been doing with Gregor over the past few...however long its been.

First here is a shot of Gregor as a whole:

Next, the new "39" on his backpack.

And finally a close look at the tally marks on his helmet (so far).

After all they tally marks are in place, I intend to use an eraser and make it so the marks look a bit more realistic and not just like a blot of paint.

Let me if you guys have any feedback or comments. :)

Wow, holy... wow. How long do you think til it'll be finished and released? I'm not trying to be impatient again, but this Commando is simply amazing. You think the tallies and editing is the last thing required, or you still have a bit to go? I'm sorry, but... no one can replicate Gregor as well as you did, at 69 percent.