SUPERHOT Player model/Enemy model.

So I would like to request the SUPERHOT Player model and enemy model.

SUPERHOT-VR-03-650x366.jpg

If you don't know what SUPERHOT is, it's a game where you fight enemies that come at you with all types of different weapons, and you must kill them before they kill you. Oh, and time only moves when you move. It is in the style of The Matrix, going in and out of coding/computer programming.

The player is a black/blue color, and the enemy is a red/orange/yellow color.

Taking on this myself.

Smoo likes this

I think you don't even have to port it. Reskinning would do the job either.

1. Take the simplest model from Jedi Academy.

2. Make a texture that resembles the one above. Add a shader if necessary.

3. Set the model details of Jedi Academy to the lowest setting and you get a Superhot playermodel.

PreFXDesigns likes this

I think you don't even have to port it. Reskinning would do the job either.

1. Take the simplest model from Jedi Academy.

2. Make a texture that resembles the one above. Add a shader if necessary.

3. Set the model details of Jedi Academy to the lowest setting and you get a Superhot playermodel.

There is no model that looks like the superhot model, even on the lowest of settings, which would be terrible since that would affect all playermodels. Unless there is some sort of command which forces a playermodel to spawn in low quality. Besides I think it's more authentic to have the actual thing. :shrug:

Hm, I may look into this, but it won't be a port.

I kinda like this super lowpoly aesthetic and setting that up should not take long, all I have to do is slim down my base mesh a bit, add a head, and weight the thing.

Then it's just a matter of tesselating a copy of the model, running it through some automatic reduction process, do some touchups, transfer the skin weights from the original mesh over and export the thing.

RGB colorization could be a nice thing to have with a model like this.

Daedra likes this

Hm, I may look into this, but it won't be a port.

I kinda like this super lowpoly aesthetic and setting that up should not take long, all I have to do is slim down my base mesh a bit, add a head, and weight the thing.

Then it's just a matter of tesselating a copy of the model, running it through some automatic reduction process, do some touchups, transfer the skin weights from the original mesh over and export the thing.

RGB colorization could be a nice thing to have with a model like this.

You will notice on the texture in the screenshots if you look closely, it has lines, almost like scan lines. Also I was thinking that plain white glowing caps would also go perfect with it.

In case you want to use it for the skin:

X0TRTcO.png

92Rck6X.png

@@AshuraDX I decided since it's a simple enough model to give it a go myself. I decided to go ahead and make a "copy" of the model from scratch using a simple 3D modelling site. This is my result from scratch (heavy thanks to that sites tutorial which had a mountain that had the same aesthetic as this model) :

5fxViUN.png

tUFa5iK.png

Smoo likes this

@@AshuraDX I decided since it's a simple enough model to give it a go myself. I decided to go ahead and make a "copy" of the model from scratch using a simple 3D modelling site. This is my result from scratch (heavy thanks to that sites tutorial which had a mountain that had the same aesthetic as this model) :

5fxViUN.png

tUFa5iK.png

They look good!

Somewhat off.

BUT GOOD!

Why not try to rig it yourself? You did an admirable job making it.

I just don't have the computer for it. This model I had to make 100% online since my actual Windows 7 laptop is stuck in the past and can't handle big programs like Blender or Autodesk or 3DS Max without telling me I need a distributive visual upgrade, and then crashes when I attempt these installations. Plus at the moment I can't really afford a better PC/Laptop so I have to compromise where I can. :ph34r:

I just don't have the computer for it. This model I had to make 100% online since my actual Windows 7 laptop is stuck in the past and can't handle big programs like Blender or Autodesk or 3DS Max without telling me I need a distributive visual upgrade, and then crashes when I attempt these installations. Plus at the moment I can't really afford a better PC/Laptop so I have to compromise where I can. :ph34r:

You probably mean Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You can download the latest versions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

And download the Microsoft .NET Framework, just in case: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Another tip if nothing works: Do you have Steam? If yes, you can get Blender there. It's free of charge, as usual.

You probably mean Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You can download the latest versions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

And download the Microsoft .NET Framework, just in case: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Another tip if nothing works: Do you have Steam? If yes, you can get Blender there. It's free of charge, as usual.

Like I said, my PC isn't very good. My computer won't even let me download and install those upgrades without the program crashing entirely (not responding) every time. And my PC won't run Blender either, but the online modelling sites are just fine. It's just I can't rig the model with this laptop.

But you can play games on this...

That makes perfect sense.

You might be missing a Visual C Library but you won't need a hardware upgrade to run blender.

People have been modeling for this game on hardware from the early 2000's. On hardware that barely met the recommended specs for the game.

But you can play games on this...

That makes perfect sense.

You might be missing a Visual C Library but you won't need a hardware upgrade to run blender.

Well I've tried running blender, in fact just installing it crashes. It's annoying that my PC won't let me get the libraries I need so I can use the programs I want. I can't even use photoshop on this PC, it doesn't load at all. :shrug:

Well I've tried running blender, in fact just installing it crashes. It's annoying that my PC won't let me get the libraries I need so I can use the programs I want. I can't even use photoshop on this PC, it doesn't load at all. :shrug:

Then you may have bigger problems with your system than this. There is bo reasonable explanation besides a very messed up Windows install that could lead to further problems down the road. I'd recommend you run an AV Scan and update your drivers. If this does not help you should start backing up your files and do a clean reinstall of the System.

Then you may have bigger problems with your system than this. There is bo reasonable explanation besides a very messed up Windows install that could lead to further problems down the road. I'd recommend you run an AV Scan and update your drivers. If this does not help you should start backing up your files and do a clean reinstall of the System.

I've done many system restores, and even done a total factory reset by re-installing the factory Windows 7 from backup discs. It's just a shitty laptop pure and simple. 50% of my downloaded music doesn't even play so I just don't bother anymore, better to listen direct from youtube.

I wouldn't have put up with this crap for long. Are you having random crashes or just specific to some software? It could be faulty RAM or dying hard drive. Laptops are s*** to begin with, if you install all the bloatware (the manufacturer default install does this) that comes with it you're just asking for trouble.

I wouldn't have put up with this crap for long. Are you having random crashes or just specific to some software? It could be faulty RAM or dying hard drive.

I think I have a fault with the Hard Drive. Some folders I make randomly go corrupt and are impossible to delete/access. It's all I have so I make do.